Sublime Forum

Dev Build 2152

Dev Build 2152 is out now, with several auto complete tweaks.

0 Likes

Sublime 2 Build 2152 is super awesome with all its auto complete features. Its getting more and more powerful with every frequent releasesā€¦ :smiley:

0 Likes

Hello,

Iā€™ve installed 2151 and found a bit annoying the autocomplete (using Ruby) so turned off. Now with 2152 and autocomplete off, doing ā€œdo(tab)ā€ to get the usual ā€œdo |variable| ā€¦ endā€ snippet, it no longer works.

Now I need to enable autocomplete for it, but the dropdown of autocomplete gets a bit noisy when you actually know what youā€™re doing and donā€™t want autocompletion.

Also seems that the snippet changes from ā€œdoā€ as trigger to ā€œdobā€, which could be what Iā€™m seeing.

Perhaps ā€œdoā€ can be mapped to ā€œdo ā€¦ endā€ (with no variable)?

Thank you

0 Likes

luislavena: the trigger for that snippet has changed from do to dob, which explains what youā€™re seeing.

0 Likes

Nice! I used this to deliminate the function description and itā€™s return type, but itā€™s a bit problematic with long function names:

And then thereā€™s the problem with wide functions in general:

0 Likes

quarnster: Iā€™ll take a look at it

0 Likes

I only just noticed this, I donā€™t know which update it actually changed in, but is there a reason why the recent file list no longer includes folders? If it was intentional and not a bug, can we have it back please?

0 Likes

Hmmmā€¦ The lastest update broke my plugin. Ironically, I believe itā€™s from something that I requested:

My plugin triggers autocomplete on period. In the lastest update, the autocomplete box disappears instantly. My only guess as to why is because ST2 looks at the previous character, sees itā€™s a period and closes the autocomplete.

Also, thereā€™s a bug when typing on the last line with scroll_past_end turned off. Autocomplete pops up in the middle of the screen.

Other than that, the lastest version is fantastic. Thanks for all your hard work.

EDIT: In the meantime, I fixed this issue by adding an underscore to all my autocompletions and changing my plugin to insert ._ instead of just period

0 Likes

looks like the auto completion height bug was fixed in this build, great!

0 Likes

Almost :smile:
It is not if you invoke the auto completion by hitting CTRL+SPACE and the proposal list is long enough (dropdown popup still goes outside the screen in that case).

0 Likes

This popup when typing is my favorite new feature, really nice, thank you

0 Likes

@Jon

It would be nice if the help text wasnā€™t considered while looking for a match to what is already typed.

I had modified SublimeRope so itā€™s proposals have the form ā€œproposal\t(help text)ā€, but when on an empty line I start to type ā€œfuncā€, the list of proposals that gets shown is, for example, ā€œfilter\t(builtin, function)ā€, ā€œformat\t(builtin, function)ā€].

But if after I hit escape to close the popup, I hit ctrl+space, I get, for example ā€œfound_resourceā€] (that proposal doesnā€™t comes from SublimeRope, but from the contents of the buffer).

In both cases I would expect to NOT have any proposals. In the first case, because Iā€™m only interested in what is about to be inserted (not the help text). In the second, because if I had typed ā€œfuncā€, ā€œfound_resourceā€ is totally unrelated (the fuzzy search is just too fuzzy to be of any help).

Having ā€œfuncā€ replaced by ā€œfound_resourceā€ after I hit ā€œ.ā€ drives me insane (thatā€™s the reason I have ā€œtab_completionā€ set to false, actually).

Edit: other than that, I really love ST2, and Iā€™m trying to get my boss to buy us some licenses (hope that works out!).

0 Likes

I think we should be able to set which keys will accept the current autocomplete suggestion. As it is, every time I type ā€œendā€ (which is practically every 3rd line in ruby) my ā€œendā€ gets replaced with ā€œsendā€ and I have to go back and fix it. I love seeing the autocomplete box automatically, but I donā€™t want it to replace my text unless I hit TAB.

0 Likes

+1 Better not hijack ENTER.

Regarding this comment, there is an issue with shift+tab, whatever the value of shift_tab_unindent settings:

1. Start typing to show the autocomplete box.
    2, Validate your selection with tab key.
  2. shift+tab to insert tab -> doesnā€™t work, do previous best completion
    I didnā€™t find any way to insert a tab in this context. If I validate my selection with enter key itā€™s working fine.
    Maybe the validation of autocomplete box with tab must react as validation with enter.

Actually, shift+tab is used for:

1. unindent
  2. insert tab
  3. insert previous best completion

Itā€™s quite difficult to know which action is triggered in which context.

0 Likes

@Jon Is there any way to turn off the antialiasing in the autocomplete menu?

0 Likes

Regression Bug with key bindings on DEV.
https://forum.sublimetext.com/t/keybindings-regression-bug-dev-build-2152/3566/1

0 Likes