Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Dev Build 2156

Re: Dev Build 2156

Postby C0D312 on Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:49 am

@mattstopa Please read @jps's above post about configuring the theme. You may also like the Soda theme. It's available to download here: https://github.com/buymeasoda/soda-theme. Some screenshots are included on the github page.
C0D312

Postby mattstopa on Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:31 am

@C0D312 The soda theme is okay but I've been using Cobol and want to stick with it. The biggest issue is the tabs for me. I can't tell what is selected. It would be nice if there was an option for a classic mode. Having to configure things manually isn't the most fun, it makes getting up and running on a new computer take that much longer.
mattstopa

Postby C0D312 on Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:50 am

hmm, are you confusing theme with colorscheme? Soda is a theme which changes the UI while colorschemes change the background and text color. Themes and colorschemes are independent of one another.
C0D312

Postby duncan on Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:10 am

jps wrote:If you're going to customise the theme, rather than copying it wholesale, then best option is to define just the rules you need in your User/Default.sublime-theme file, ...

Sorry everyone for being confusing.
What jps said is what I was trying to say, but I didn't.
Doing what I sounded like I was saying was what broke things for me in the past and then I write something that reads as though I am suggesting exactly that bad behaviour to others. I am a dill, sorry.

mattstopa wrote:Having to configure things manually isn't the most fun, it makes getting up and running on a new computer take that much longer.

Seriously????

1. Spending a bit of time getting your coding environment just as you like it is not something you enjoy? We are from different planets.

2. All you need to do to achieve stuff like a dark side panel is to save a tiny text file into your Packages/User folder. Save a copy in your Dropbox folder (you do use Dropbox don't you? If not then make it the next thing you do. If you refuse the Dropbox option then save the relevant files onto a USB drive.). The first thing you do on every new machine is set up Dropbox. Then the first time you want to use ST2 you copy a tiny file into your User folder and all the settings are there.

Do the same thing with your User Settings files and colour syntax theme (if and only if it is a non-standard one) for 3 file copies all your preferred settings that are different to the defaults (about 20 for me) are exactly as I like them.

Contrast that to going through 20 menu hunting and option clicking processes to get things set up on some Editors.

I really think you are getting this all backwards in your mind.
duncan

Previous

Return to General Discussion