Sublime Forum

Dev Build 2157

Dev Build 2157 is out, with a few tweaks

0 Likes

Hmm, my tab bar looks like this now:

It was fine with 2156.

0 Likes

0 Likes

Hello, I’d like to report a bug that causes the editor to crash hard to the point where it must be restarted. When I open up a Ruby source file and add a comma character to a specific part of the file, the whole editor crashes. Please let me know where I can the find the crash logs if it would be helpful in diagnosing the problem. Right now I have to work around this by entering a space and then the comma so that it doesn’t crash. It’s a weird bug.

It crashes when I add a comma directly after this line:

:path => “/photos/:id/:style/:filename”

0 Likes

The “New version available” alert has been reporting the wrong release number for several releases now. When 2157 was available it reported that 2156 was available, when 2156 was out it reported 2155, and so on. I can’t remember when this started, at least several versions ago. The actual update isn’t broken, it installs the latest version, it just reports the wrong number on the alert box.

0 Likes

On OS X, you can get the crash logs via the Console application, under the User Diagnostic Reports section.

Adding a comma after that line doesn’t cause any issues for me, does it happen for you on an empty file containing nothing but that line?

0 Likes

stiang: that indicates some of the referenced images in the theme are missing. sublimetext.com/docs/2/revert.html will fix it.

0 Likes

Wow, I got way too excited when I read this…

You’ll be getting my money today :wink:

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]

On OS X, you can get the crash logs via the Console application, under the User Diagnostic Reports section.

Adding a comma after that line doesn’t cause any issues for me, does it happen for you on an empty file containing nothing but that line?[/quote]

Actually it doesn’t fail on a single line in a new file, it just must be this particular file that I have (unfortunately I can’t copy the rest of the surround code).

Here’s the crash that I’m seeing in console:

1/2/12 5:09:14.055 AM com.apple.launchd.peruser.501: ([0x0-0x118c18b].com.sublimetext.2[948]) Exited abnormally: Broken pipe: 13

0 Likes

Yeah, it’s been that way for quite a while. I reported this back when 2063 was released :smile:

0 Likes

With regards to the new version alert, I have no idea what’s going on there - I’m pretty sure I’m seeing the correct version number in the updates.

ryanlecompte: Do you have SublimeCodeIntel installed?

0 Likes

I actually used to have it installed, but then removed it via the package control. Do you think that could be causing an issue? Do I need to remove any remaining files?

0 Likes

[quote=“ryanlecompte”]

I actually used to have it installed, but then removed it via the package control. Do you think that could be causing an issue? Do I need to remove any remaining files?[/quote]

Ah, I also have SublimeLinter installed, with automatic lint checking enabled!

0 Likes

[quote=“ryanlecompte”]

I actually used to have it installed, but then removed it via the package control. Do you think that could be causing an issue? Do I need to remove any remaining files?

Ah, I also have SublimeLinter installed, with automatic lint checking enabled![/quote]

It’s definitely a bug with SublimeLinter. I temporarily disabled it and the crashing goes away.

0 Likes

ryanlecompte: Please report this at github.com/Kronuz/SublimeLinter. Be sure to include your complete configuration info (system, ruby/rvm, etc.) and paste a sample crashing file at gist.github.com.

0 Likes

Awesome, keep up the great work!

Any chance we can get an API method to get the path to the project file? It’s ridiculously hard to do at the moment.

0 Likes

Done!

0 Likes

Also, keep it mind that it may well end up being a being an issue in Sublime Text itself.

0 Likes

Under Windows 7 64bit I get this problem with tabs…

I’ve tried vanilla resetting too.

0 Likes

This happens only when ST2 itself checks and finds a new version, not if I choose Check for Updates in the menu.

I don’t know if you use different update frameworks on the different platforms, but are you sure there isn’t a template for OS X somewhere that says “$CURRENT_VERSION has been downloaded and is ready to use!” instead of “$NEW_VERSION has been downloaded and is ready to use!”? :smile:

(I have a feeling I have uploaded a similar image before, but I couldn’t find it - apologies if I am repeating myself.)

0 Likes