Sublime Forum

Sublime Appreciation Thread

Is this kind of thread okay? I’ve only been using Sublime Text 2 for a few days, but it must be one of the best software experiences I’ve had in a very long time. I mean, wow.This program is astoundingly well-designed, and already it has completely replaced my dependence on EditPad (which had been my tool of choice these past three or four years). Suffice it to say, I’m upset I hadn’t discovered this gem much earlier!

Really good program, and equally impressive design philosophies on the part of its authors. I’ll be spreading the word. <3

0 Likes

Thank you @Elevory. Almost 12 years later I feel similarly.

I’ve been using Sublime Text and Sublime Merge for about a year now on a Laravel project and I just wanted to express how great I think these products are. Especially Sublime Merge. I stuggled with git on the command line for months to the point of utter frustration before finding Merge. Sublime Merge made it possible for me to blend into the team’s workflow without the endless problems and questions arising from my inadequate knowledge of git.

But beyond the basics, the creators of Sublime Merge have digested and analyzed the extensive instruction set of git and presented its functionality in a logical, accessible and truly understandable user interface. Thank you Sublime HQ.

1 Like