Sublime Forum

Dev Build 2162

Dev Build 2162 is out now. The next beta version should be out this week, so please let me know of any unresolved issues introduced in this series of dev builds.

Auto complete has received a notable change this build: tab now accepts the current completion, and enter simply inserts a newline. While enter is the key applications generally use for this, tab is a less intrusive choice, that will result in fewer frustrating instances of unwanted completions being inserted.

Using tab avoids unwanted completions when typing previously unseen words at the end of a line (e.g., ‘class foo’ in C++), and also avoids having to press enter twice when typing a previously seen word at the end of a line (e.g., ‘else’). It also allows the list of available completions to be further pruned, as short words no longer need to be included.

The primary disadvantage with using tab is the ambiguity between inserting the current completion, and navigating to the next snippet field when a snippet is active. This is resolved by auto complete not triggering at all while snippet fields are active (ctrl+space can still be used).

Pressing tab instead of enter takes a bit of getting used to, but I believe it’s worth it.

The menu has undergone a makeover, too, with the addition of the top level ‘Goto’ menu, and a revamped find menu. Both of these were done to make important functionality (Ctrl+P, file switching commands, and quick find commands) more obvious.

The snippets menu has gone as part of this, too: it’s been replaced by a link to the Command Palette preloaded with ‘Snippet’. This allows snippets to have their trigger displayed alongside them, and is helpful performance wise on Linux.

0 Likes

Great works. This is the right auto completemethod and tab key is easier to touch than Enter.

The auto complete system is almost perfect. But I still found Sublime text 2 lack of calltips feature. I like this feature very much.

komodo codeintel plugin can show the tips in the statusbar, but a popup windows with tips is a better way to do such thing.

0 Likes

Thanks for the update.
There is a small issue with autocompletion. Let’s say we have this block of code:

[code]

<?php $is -> ?>

is bookable? [/code]

If im pressing tab after $is, the autocompletion works as expected. But if i’m pressing tab again… nothing happens (should add a tab char, no?).

0 Likes

[quote=“iamntz”]Thanks for the update.
There is a small issue with autocompletion. Let’s say we have this block of code:

[code]

<?php $is -> ?>

is bookable? [/code]

If im pressing tab after $is, the autocompletion works as expected. But if i’m pressing tab again… nothing happens (should add a tab char, no?).[/quote]

Happening if you press tab before the completion window appear, the log is:

command: insert_best_completion {"default": " ", "exact": false} command: replace_completion_with_next_completion
If you wait the window, the log is:

command: commit_completion command: insert_best_completion {"default": " ", "exact": false}

0 Likes

window.get_view_index()

w00t! Jon, your a scholar and a gentleman and all that jazz!

0 Likes

It would be nice to get

window.get_view_row()
window.get_view_col()

To update bufferscroll and properly restore views.

0 Likes

Very stilistic thing with auto_complete is that remains open even when you typed the whole word and there is no other options.

0 Likes

window.get_view_row()
window.get_view_col()

What are you wanting to do?

0 Likes

For example:
I have the same view(a clone) opened left, right and above. all with different selections and scroll position.

What I want, is a way to save the scroll and selections of each view, restoring these the next time I open the file.

0 Likes

window.get_view_index(view) returns the group index, and index within that group for each view. The group index indexes each cell in the active layout, also corresponding to the group in the focus_group and move_to_group commands. Jon, late last year, added a whole heap of APIS for very precise scrolling for when you want something beyond view.show(view.visible_region())

If I’m understanding you correctly all the APIs you need should be there.

0 Likes

There is some people complaining that “title case” command is not working properly.

on transform.py

I changed the class

class TitleCaseCommand(Transformer): transformer = lambda s: string.capwords(s, " "),

to:

class TitleCaseCommand(Transformer): transformer = unicode.title,

works as expected. Tested on clean profile. I’m not sure if this will get problems with views on different encodings.

0 Likes

[quote=“castles_made_of_sand”]window.get_view_index(view) returns the group index, and index within that group for each view. The group index indexes each cell in the active layout, also corresponding to the group in the focus_group and move_to_group commands. Jon, late last year, added a whole heap of APIS for very precise scrolling for when you want something beyond view.show(view.visible_region())

If I’m understanding you correctly all the APIs you need should be there.[/quote]

I will take a look… Thanks :smile:

0 Likes

I’ve noticed a bug since the last build, when I do the following on OSX, sublime crashes:

set syntax to html

type the following:
html:<super+z>

EDIT: It stopped happening when I disabled the html5 package, which have a snippet with the same tab-trigger

0 Likes

About the completions using the tab rather than using Enter…what about adding a config to define the key that every one want to use for that?

Also, in the CSS autocomplete I found that after adding some property, now don’t show autocomplete options.

#id { display: <— may show block, inline, none, etc…

In previous DEV versions it was working well.

Thanks!

0 Likes

Should probably use self.transformer.im_func instead of self.transformer[0] whichs run that risk of syntactic ambiguity.

unbound method shmethod :smile:

eg.

class Transformer(sublime_plugin.TextCommand):
    def run(self, edit):
        self.transform(self.transformer.im_func, self.view, edit)

def transform(self, f, view, edit):
        for s in view.sel():
            if s.empty():
                s = view.word(s)

txt = f(view.substr(s))
            view.replace(edit, s, txt)

class SwapCaseCommand(Transformer):
    transformer = string.swapcase

class UpperCaseCommand(Transformer):
    transformer = string.upper

class LowerCaseCommand(Transformer):
    transformer = string.lower
0 Likes

This is kind of a long standing issue, the autocomplete window will be displayed off screen if the cursor is near the lower edge of the monitor.

0 Likes

Awesome!

• This build seems to have fixed the ZenCoding plugin.
  • The new menu organization threw me off for a bit, then I remembered that I use keyboard shortcuts for everything :smile:
  • This build seems to have changed the keybinding for “build” to F7 on OSX instead of command+b. Was this on purpose to keep it standard across platforms?
  • The new autocomplete is perfect; it’s much more straight forward as to what will happen when I press a certain key.

I’m interested in seeing castles_made_of_sand’s plugin that he needed window.get_view_index() for.

0 Likes

[quote=“C0D312”]Awesome!

• This build seems to have fixed the ZenCoding plugin.
    [/quote]

Sweet. Awesome, thanks!

0 Likes

I hate to nag, but four bugs I reported over the last few months are still unfixed (on the Mac version; I don’t have a Windows box on hand to check):

• ST always opens a new window when it restarts at login, even if there was no window open before.

• The Preferences > Browse Packages menu item is disabled when no window is open.

• The File > Open Recent list is empty when no window is open.

• The File > Open Recent list doesn’t show recent folders any more. (This may have been a deliberate change, but if so I’d like it back, please.)

0 Likes

[quote=“CaptainCrowbar”]I hate to nag, but four bugs I reported over the last few months are still unfixed (on the Mac version; I don’t have a Windows box on hand to check):

• ST always opens a new window when it restarts at login, even if there was no window open before.

• The Preferences > Browse Packages menu item is disabled when no window is open.

• The File > Open Recent list is empty when no window is open.

• The File > Open Recent list doesn’t show recent folders any more. (This may have been a deliberate change, but if so I’d like it back, please.)[/quote]

The only one of these that I can reproduce is the Browse Packages being disabled. However, I don’t really mind because I rarely use that button.

0 Likes