Sublime Forum

Final position of caret after Quick Find All

I would like to use the Quick Find All command to quickly rename things, but I’m struggling to fit it into my work because, once I press escape to finish with the multiple selection, the caret finishes in the first found text, rather that the instance where I was last editing.

For clarity:

I’m editing and decide to rename the current variable name, so I press shift-cmd-space to select it, then ctrl-cmd-g to do a quick find all, then change the name, finally pressing escape. But now the caret is at the first instance of the new variable name.

I would like it to return to where I was editing before I did a Quick Find All. Am I missing something?

fb

0 Likes

The problem is not with the Find All, it’s with the multiple cursors. When you you find all, you are adding multiple cursors. Pressing esc will remove all cursors except the first cursor. Instead, I would suggest you just use Replace, type your new word in, and press control + option + enter. In case you don’t already, add the following to your file settings - user: "find_selected_text": true

0 Likes

Ah yes, I’m with you, that works well. Thanks very much.

Fb

0 Likes