Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Skipping past auto-completed matching brackets

Skipping past auto-completed matching brackets

Postby DanyW on Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:00 pm

Is there a shortcut to skip past these? If I type {(" the matching ones for these are inserted - then I type the middle content, but can't figure out a shortcut to get to the end of the inserted matching brackets.

Thanks,
D.
DanyW

Re: Skipping past auto-completed matching brackets

Postby C0D312 on Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:21 pm

I personally have this added to my user keybindings. Pressing enter will skip past ), ", and ]
Code: Select all
{ "keys": ["enter"], "command": "move", "args": {"by": "characters", "forward": true}, "context":
    [
        { "key": "following_text", "operator": "regex_contains", "operand": "^[)\"\\]]", "match_all": true },
        { "key": "auto_complete_visible", "operator": "equal", "operand": false }
    ]   
  }
C0D312

Postby DanyW on Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:57 pm

Thank you very much - that works perfectly!
DanyW

Postby highend on Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:06 am

Thank you C0D312,

this is _really_ useful if you like the bracket autocompletion but don't like the current way to step out of these brackets :)

Regards,
Highend
highend

Postby atomi on Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:42 am

does the wordCommand take other "args" besides "by" and "forward"? I was hoping it would have "count"
atomi

Postby code.prole on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:09 pm

Love this key mapping. On my MacBook Pro however, the enter key is chorded, requiring the 'fn' key. The key binding isn't recognizing it. Any ideas?
code.prole

Postby whage on Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:19 am

Why is this working for everyone else and not me?
This is my Default(Windows).sublime-keymap file: (same as the code above, but wrapped in [] and using "tab" instead of "enter")

Code: Select all
[
   { "keys": ["tab"], "command": "move", "args": {"by": "characters", "forward": true}, "context":
       [
           { "key": "following_text", "operator": "regex_contains", "operand": "^[)\"\\]]", "match_all": true },
           { "key": "auto_complete_visible", "operator": "equal", "operand": false }
       ]   
   }
]

I restarted it , tried many times, tried using different key combos, none seemed to work. What am I doing wrong?
whage

Return to General Discussion