Sublime Forum

Dev Build 2170

Dev Build 2170 is out now.

Text rendering on Linux has changed significantly, from using Cairo directly to using Pango on top of Cairo. This gives real support for font fallback, so rendering of CJK text should be working now, for example. Please let me know if you see any issues.

Also new in this build is selection matching, where if the selection is lying on word boundaries, other occurrences of the selected text will be highlighted. This can be disabled with the match_selection setting.

Input focus handling has been tweaked too, so Goto Anything and friends can be triggered while a panel has input focus.

0 Likes

On Ubuntu 11.10 32-bit
Vintage mode enabled.

Find/Search box is not working as intended.

0 Likes

I get the same on OSX Snow Leopard. Trying to type in input boxes just does not work. Also using vintage mode if that makes any difference.

0 Likes

I think there is an issue with dbl-click on this build (or maybe already before ?).
When I dbl-click on a word to select it, sometimes the selection not happened like if the second click wasn’t registered by ST2.
I could reproduce it ‘relatively’ easily, but don’t know if it’s an issue with ST2 or with something else. Someone else could confirm ?

I noticed that the mouse cursor change from text cursor to arrow cursor when you point it on the cursor of the view, don’t know if it’s related…

Thanks for this new build, I love every bit of it :smiley:

startup, version: 2170 windows x64 channel: dev

edit: I have the same issue with others applications, so not a ST2 issue.

0 Likes

Not a huge thing, but I just tried installing and forgot that I had ST2 running already; the installer gives an error trying to replace sublime_text.exe . Obvious fix is to close the running program, but it might be nice to add a check to the installer, as many other installers do.

Edit: +1 for the Find/Replace errors in this build.

Edit 2: Previous repro was incorrect, it seems to be a change in expected behavior in Command Mode vs Insert mode in Vintage.

1. Start Sublime with Vintage enabled
  2. In Command Mode, begin search with CTRL+SHIFT+F
  3. Bug: Characters in Find panel do not appear, search not performed
  4. Exit Find panel, enter Insert mode
  5. Begin search with CTRL+SHIFT+F
  6. Characters appear, search performed as expected
0 Likes

The rendering of multi-line selections has changed quite a bit on Linux. Is this intentional?
I actually prefer the treating of newlines in 2170, but it does look glitchy.

0 Likes

Thanks! :smile:

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]
Also new in this build is selection matching, where if the selection is lying on word boundaries, other occurrences of the selected text will be highlighted. This can be disabled with the match_selection setting.

Man, that’s a bit annoying. Thank goodness we can turn it off. :smile:[/quote]

0 Likes

Assuming match_selection is a built-in replacement for the WordHighlighter plugin, I find it really useful actually. Especially since the minimap shows the highlights as well, it’s a great way to see how/where a variable is used/defined throughout a script.

Edit: Jon, WordHighlight gave us the ability to define what scope the highlighted word used. This allowed for easy custom color-scheming of the selections by using a “word-highlight” scope. Is this possible using the “match_selection” setting?

0 Likes

It appears to tap into the find option. You will notice that match_selection does not function when a find search as been initiated since they are the same thing.

If there is a way to change the find selection highlight, I assume there is a way to change the match_selection highlight. I am looking into the theme to see where this is currently, or if it is possible; it might not be.

0 Likes

match_selection is currently controlled by your caret color. Whatever color your caret is, that is the color of your match_selection and find results. Would be nice if it had its own setting.

0 Likes

simple chinese display on gentoo linux lastest upgrade work fine.

But I also can’t use chinese input method by “ctrl+space” keymap. my chinese input method soft is “fcitx”

0 Likes

Can I ask how you went about discovering this? Is it just in the .tmTheme file?

0 Likes

[quote=“nick.”]

Can I ask how you went about discovering this? Is it just in the .tmTheme file?[/quote]

Elementary Watson; I used the power of deduction. :smile:

I simply opened a couple of theme files and looked for when the match_selection region changed. In the Amy.tmTheme file I noticed the color to be a purplish color that did not match the default text, so I assumed it had to be theme controlled. I used simple reason and ruled out any code defined scopes and realized it had to be one of the basic them settings in the beginning and noticed the caret was also purple. After changing the caret color in my default theme file, I noticed that the match_selection/find results changed as well. By reason and deduction, I have determined the caret to be the controlling factor.

0 Likes

Easier than I imagined! There was a post (or website) around that I read in regards to plugin development and it recommended browsing through the source code to see what commands are available. Since this was a new setting, I tried a search for ‘MatchSelectionSetting’ via Find in Files, with C:\ as the directory. I’ve tried similar searches in the past, and the results are only from the Find buffer itself (cached previous searches). Are such commands/settings normally public packages (ie, Python plugins) or are they part of sublime_text.exe?

0 Likes

Search box is fubared for me as well, WinXP64 on 64-bit standalone with vintage enabled.

It appears to be connected to Vintage mode, as the search window sill responds to Vintage bindings. Keys that should change to input mode (a, i) will sometimes go through into the box, but then it hops back into command mode.

0 Likes

It’s awesome to see the match_selection feature get added! (I’ve found the WordHighlight package to be indespensible). Two requests fall out from this to make me move off WordHighlight though :smile:

-Don’t require the selection to be non-empty (e.g. highlight “word-like” patterns that are under the point). Having to actually have a non-empty selection (that is on an exact word boundary no less) makes this a lot less “smooth/elegant” than WordHighlight.

-Allow the resulting highlights to be themed a bit. e.g. I have WordHighlight make the highlights have no outline, with a solid faint background. This makes the highlighting non-obtrusive for readability, but visible when you want to focus on them. The outlines make things look a bit more cluttered…

The combination of the above two features makes it so you just need to point at a variable and you see all the occurrences of it on screen right away, making manual search waaaaaaay less necessary, and skimming code a lot more fluid.

In any case - keep up the awesome work!

0 Likes

[quote=“jburnett”]-Don’t require the selection to be non-empty (e.g. highlight “word-like” patterns that are under the point). Having to actually have a non-empty selection (that is on an exact word boundary no less) makes this a lot less “smooth/elegant” than WordHighlight.

-Allow the resulting highlights to be themed a bit. e.g. I have WordHighlight make the highlights have no outline, with a solid faint background. This makes the highlighting non-obtrusive for readability, but visible when you want to focus on them. The outlines make things look a bit more cluttered…[/quote]

I agree with the 2nd point. The ability to better theme the selection would be nice.

I think the 1st point is good too as long as the option to disable/enable it is there as well; this way it could suite both camps. I kind of like the requirement of physically selecting the word because it only clutters my view when I ask it to, but I do understand the opposing view as well.

0 Likes

With build 2170 I’ve noticed this white box on the line selection. How would I go about removing it?

0 Likes

lineHighlight problem with 217x on Win 7 x64. Doesn`t highlight all line.

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/2715/capturdeecran2012012909.png

0 Likes