Sublime Forum

Unleash Sublime Text Hidden Power - Screencasts, Tips

New screencast!
This starts “textmate to sublime” screencasts series… showing you that all goodies from textmate are here in sublime.
If you ever wanted textmate in windows, you have found the right place!

This screencasts (mimics) textmate screencast
macromates.com/screencasts

[quote]2006-04-22: Working With Numbers & Columns — 26.3 MB
Basic calculations from inside TextMate including how to add/subtract numbers in column formatted text, and how to do various other column related operations.[/quote]

Next one in series is, HTML tags and transformations…

Math, Columns, Multiple selections, Exec Python Code, and a “Firebug-like feature” extra – 900k
ej12n.com/screencasts/math_c … ctions.htm

Enjoy :smile:

PS: Everything you see in the screencasts will be released as a package soon!

0 Likes

really nice dude!

0 Likes

Actually ruby is 5.times { puts…blah blah but to answer ur question, not really! I’m a php guy, familiar with ruby but I don’t really code anything on it lol. Is just that “put 5 times XXX” is very easy to understand.
I am now learning python and enjoying it :smile:

0 Likes

Great video!

0 Likes

Currently, ej12n.com is not resolved by DNS, so screencasts aren’t accessible.
But you can add to your etc/hosts file the following line to resolve the problem:

72.233.81.34 ej12n.com

Where to locate the etc/hosts file you can read in the wiki article.

0 Likes

[quote=“Nishi”]Currently, ej12n.com is not resolved by DNS, so screencasts aren’t accessible.
But you can add to your etc/hosts file the following line to resolve the problem:

72.233.81.34 ej12n.com

Where to locate the etc/hosts file you can read in the wiki article.[/quote]

shoot! thx for the heads up, I’ll get it fixed :smile:

0 Likes

BTW currently I’m able to watch only 2-3 videos, others don’t open up… I just see dark pages. No flash, FLV or anything.

0 Likes

Try with Firefox

0 Likes

Sorry guys, I been really BUSY at work! I’ll get sometime and move videos somewhere else :smile:

0 Likes

Ok they should be working now, domain renewed :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Guys, thanks for the videos!
Yet much remains unclear in the Sublime Text for a newbie. I have a lot of questions… :cry:

PS: EJ12N, what font do you use? :unamused:

0 Likes

[quote=“EJ12N”]Math, Columns, Multiple selections, Exec Python Code, and a “Firebug-like feature” extra – 900k
ej12n.com/screencasts/math_c … ctions.htm

Enjoy :smile:

PS: Everything you see in the screencasts will be released as a package soon![/quote]

Wow!
EJ12N, when this package will be released?

[quote=“sublimator”]I think this prototype is pretty cool :smile: Linking the screen-cast in this thread.

blogdata.akalias.net/css-select- … ctions.htm[/quote]

Very cool!
Sublimator, CSS Select ( WebDevelopment Package) is not finished yet?

0 Likes

It’s not finished but a lot of features are already working (as long as your document is well-formed)

You can get it here: http://bitbucket.org/sublimator/webdevelopment/

0 Likes

Thank you for your reply!
Sorry, but where there is link to download? I do not understand how to install this plugin :frowning:

EJ12N, I realized - it was a PowerUser plugin. It’s great thing!

0 Likes

Subliminator, ok, thanks. I’ll wait the final release.

0 Likes

call to action

mates, i think we need to give some back to jon (not just the one license we bought). if all of you that enjoy it want to keep this editor grows further, there are small things we can do.

i think this superb editor is still not known by most of the programmers. to issues this problem, i suggest to start mentioning it on every social network you are in: blogs, facebook, tweeter, wiki, forums, etc.

it is important to link between all those places and also point here - main sublime site. so if you have done such post. post the link here. i am not a google-master but it helps to link between all those posts and places: to here and between the posts. mention keywords such as: editor, modern, pyhton, customizable, plugin, textmate on windows, textmate alternative, programming, source code editor, text editor, best editor, you get the point…

if you have any other suggestions bring it on.

0 Likes

If someone’s keen they could add a wikipedia entry for Sublime - I think it could do with one.

0 Likes

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sublime_Text

feel free to give a hand there, it is my second attempt. they have deleted the first :open_mouth:

it’s also not entirely accurate - again, please help fix it, but it need to be kept ‘notable’ and not like a product marketing campaign page :unamused:

0 Likes

HELP !!

:smiley:

0 Likes

I’m trying to help out.

Quick question. Is Sublime’s implementation of multiple selections unique?

0 Likes