Sublime Forum

Unleash Sublime Text Hidden Power - Screencasts, Tips

Wikipedia sometimes is very fishy, I bet you, you go to textmate page and replicate exact same thing, change couple words to match sublimetext and make it unique to sublime wiki page, they’ll put it as advertising…

0 Likes

few links to sublime text on the net. your say influence…

stevecooper.org/2008/01/28/s … or-review/
instantfundas.com/2009/10/su … ndows.html
virtual-clouds.com/2009/10/6 … ternative/
alternativeto.net/desktop/sublime-text/
wakoopa.com/software/sublime-text
tweetmeme.com/story/214052012/su … ant-fundas
facebook.com/pages/Sublime-T … 8196821695
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=828234
friendfeed.com/weloveapps/5027a1 … -love-with
stackoverflow.com/questions/1517 … map-plugin
texteditors.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Sublime_Text

0 Likes

I hadn’t seen your review before - cool stuff!

A couple of others:

samkerr.wordpress.com/2009/08/03 … xt-editor/
sulluzzu.tumblr.com/post/207771043/sublime-text

0 Likes

There’s quite a bit of activity on Twitter too: twitter.com/#search?q=sublime%20text%20editor

Does Sublime have an ‘official’ Twitter presence?

Cheers,
Mick

0 Likes

Lol, your using a unregistered version? Are you trying to get a free copy by making screencasts? :astonished:

0 Likes

Mick: There’s no official twitter presence, no - I have no idea what I’d twitter about :slight_smile:

0 Likes

I’ll try making a page again sometime later this week. There’s a sandbox area where you can start pages where the rules are less strict and you can ask other contributers for help in making the article acceptable for the site.

0 Likes

Nope LOL, I can afford the license and will buy it, I just got some other things to worry right now, money wise. :stuck_out_tongue:

It just shows how wonderful sublimetext is because you can use it as much as you like without any restrictions… thats one main reason I will get my license :smile:
heres a quote from someone in twitter lol…

Oh and on twitter I talk about sublime like crazy LOL (used to, since I havent used twitter in a while). People just don’t know what they’re missing.

When ur working on sublime, when releasing a new beta (I would like to get a txt msg for that!) or the to do list for sublime LOL whatever, twitter is powerful if u use it right… :smile:

0 Likes

@ betanews

see ( and rate/review :wink: ) fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Su … 55718643/1

0 Likes

Oh no he didn’t! :smile:

Where’s my free license for the screencasts!?!? LOL

I proudly support sublimetext, it has changed the way work with text and improved my workflow and productivity tremendously! Enough said.

0 Likes

another one:

makeuseof.com/tag/sublime-te … love-with/

0 Likes

Good stuff EJ12N :slight_smile:

0 Likes

We should get this happening

A central index/package repository to list packages from various repositories/ version controls systems.
Give each package a manifest
Automatic package documenter, sourced from docstrings, bindings meta attributes, manifest etc

In editor push / pull. One button auto-packaging to push stable releases to central index ( should be as convenient as using pastie)
Ability to pull sublime-package or use version control update commands - same interface.

Versioning and dependencies.

0 Likes

Hijacker! I was like, wait a minute, I was definitely not drunk when I posted that quote!

0 Likes

[quote=“EJ12N”]Ok this is going to be the (un)“official” Sublime Text (Marketing?) series of tips and screencast that will show users around the world why they need sublime text editor :smile:
For now I am kind of busy but I have a lot of stuff coming to show what sublime text is capable of once you get intimate with it :wink:

Here’s a sneak peak for (new) users of what sublime is capable of! :wink:

(WATCH IN FULLSCREEN)

Basic HTML tags completion and Snippets
ej12n.com/screencasts/texteditor.html
And this is just the tip of the iceberg :smiley:
Enjoy!

P.S.: I would like to thanks sublimator, stevecooperorg and of course the creator of the beloved editor jps (Jon).
I have learned a lot from their plugins, and posts in forums, so credit where is due![/quote]

There is no sound, the shortcuts you are using do not work for me. If you are using a special package you haven’t said what.

Sublime looks so nice, but why is there such a lack of documentation?

(Please don’t get your backs up about my comment, i’m not trolling, just a person who sees everyone else having fun with something cool but can’t join in)

0 Likes

If you go to the support page it has documentation…
sublimetext.com/support
with a link to the nice guide Getting Started With Sublime by sublimator

the snippets from first screencast are default in sublime now so you should be able to replicate what is shown… also I would recommend using the latest betas sublimetext.com/beta as they have the most up to date features.fixes that the community asks for…

You can also download the PowerUser package that contains all you see in my screencasts plus some goodies get it at: PowerUser package for power users

I would also recommend sublimator packages at: bitbucket.org/sublimator, specially webdevelopment and zencoding if you do web coding :smile:

Last but not least use what I call the “packages repository” located at: sublimetextwiki.com/ which has couple useful packages for all sorts of things all created by the community.

Have a look around the forums for 10-15mins, familiarize yourself you’ll soon be having some serious sublime fun :stuck_out_tongue:

Sublime is not your typical editor so just like another great editor VIM it takes time to familiarize with it but once you get it, it’s on! you are on your way to become a sublimetext ninja! :stuck_out_tongue:

0 Likes

Forgive my ignorance, I’m new here and feel like I got overly excited and bought a license for sublime and it came with no manual for me to get acquainted and up to speed. Is there a basic list of key bindings/shortcuts that are used in the first screencast? The screencast is great, but offers no information whatsoever on what is going on, unlike the basic screencasts over at textmate which have some basic examples and someone actually explaining what is going on with the keystrokes as they perform the marvels appearing on screen.

I see div#wrapper being typed and then magic happens what are the keys here? Tab ain’t it crtl+< ain’t it. The screencasts are great for hype, but do little (0<) to help a new purchaser. I feel like I got home from the store with a model plane kit with 1000 pieces, but no instructions and I forgot to buy the glue to put it together. Can someone point out some basic docs with the shortcuts and keybindings to get some of the simple automated tasks done as illustrated in the vid, I’ll work my way up from there :smile:

I would highly recommend someone add captions or a voice over to actually make the video worthwhile.

0 Likes

@Jamie: Did you checked these sites:

0 Likes

Great Hoest! Thanks for the links. No I have not checked those out, but will right now.

0 Likes

I still think that a few proper and official screencasts are a necessity (ala textmate). At $60 per license I think that a few basic “get up to speed” screened tuts are a basic requirement.

0 Likes