Sublime Forum

Unleash Sublime Text Hidden Power - Screencasts, Tips

NEW SCREENCAST!

In here I show sublime text effortless multiple selections productivity potential =)
And of course a little bit of the power of Regular Expressions (regex) that we of course have in sublime text.
Like the use of quantifiers “\s{3}” that you can’t do on others editors cough notepad++ cough
and as far as I know python regex supports everything PCRE supports, with some exceptions BUT that’s should suffice for 99.9% of a programmer needs!

[quote]Python’s built-in “re” module provides excellent support for regular expressions, with a modern and complete regex flavor. The only significant features missing from Python’s regex syntax are atomic grouping, possessive quantifiers and Unicode properties.
-http://www.regular-expressions.info/python.html[/quote]

You will also see that you are able to change the looks of the editor to fit your style =)
You don’t have to like 3D tabs if you don’t want to!

Also credits to gpfsmurf for his excellent plugins he released at Simple utility plugins
in this video we show the use of PasteColumn

enough talk let’s get some action!

P.S.: In the next screencasts we will see a comparison of textmate screencasts vs sublime screencasts, in other words (almost?) anything you see in textmate screencasts on their site, I will show you is possible in sublime text! stay tuned!

(WATCH IN FULLSCREEN)

Multiple Selections and Regex Use
ej12n.com/screencasts/multiselect.html

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/359/clipboardimage.png

0 Likes

Impressive screencast - but much too big for my screen. Even using fullscreen I had to scroll or reduce the size of the screencast. With first I missed the input pane. With latter I couldn’t read the text anymore.

Please think about reducing the size to fit in a browser tab of a 17" monitor (1280 x 1024) or of a netbook . I’m sure this will increase the value of your screencasts for marketing.

0 Likes

[quote=“tgkeul”]Impressive screencast - but much too big for my screen. Even using fullscreen I had to scroll or reduce the size of the screencast. With first I missed the input pane. With latter I couldn’t read the text anymore.

Please think about reducing the size to fit in a browser tab of a 17" monitor (1280 x 1024) or of a netbook . I’m sure this will increase the value of your screencasts for marketing.[/quote]

Absolutely, I agree with you. Eventually I am thinking of doing a website dedicated to sublime text OR maybe put it under sublimewiki? or if Jon comes back open up a new page for screencasts.
I will also publish iPhone friendly videos so u can watch the screencast on your phone. Addiotionally I might put some 3gp vid too for other mobile phones :smile:

0 Likes

Great stuff, I like it!

0 Likes

[quote=“sublimator”]Here’s a screen cast showing the BundleDevelopment extractSnippet command.

It’s about 10 minutes and unedited and I fuck up a lot but it shows some cool capabilities of Sublimes extensibility.

http://blogdata.akalias.net/sublime-fun/sublime-fun.htm

Enjoy! If you get the package and it helps you make some cool snippets please post them for us all to share.

Here’s another one showing the remote edit plugin/package. I use this all the time for my web workings.

blogdata.akalias.net/remote-edit/remote-edit.htm[/quote]

Very nice screencast :smile:

Me personally for remote edit I use winSCP. Good job on the remote edit plugin nonetheless!
The first one is nice too, it saves lots of time :smiley: I also saw some completion of some sort? was that CTAGS?

0 Likes

[quote=“EJ12N”]Ok this is going to be the (un)“official” Sublime Text (Marketing?) series of tips and screencast that will show users around the world why they need sublime text editor :smile:
For now I am kind of busy but I have a lot of stuff coming to show what sublime text is capable of once you get intimate with it :wink:

Here’s a sneak peak for (new) users of what sublime is capable of! :wink:

(WATCH IN FULLSCREEN)

Basic HTML tags completion and Snippets
ej12n.com/screencasts/texteditor.html
And this is just the tip of the iceberg :smiley:
Enjoy!

P.S.: I would like to thanks sublimator, stevecooperorg and of course the creator of the beloved editor jps (Jon).
I have learned a lot from their plugins, and posts in forums, so credit where is due![/quote]

I don’t understand, where did you get all these shortcuts? Where are they documented? I had a look at the keymap for html and cant find a definition for div#foo etc… did you define these yourself?

L.

0 Likes

[quote=“lbolognini”]

[quote=“EJ12N”]Ok this is going to be the (un)“official” Sublime Text (Marketing?) series of tips and screencast that will show users around the world why they need sublime text editor :smile:
For now I am kind of busy but I have a lot of stuff coming to show what sublime text is capable of once you get intimate with it :wink:

Here’s a sneak peak for (new) users of what sublime is capable of! :wink:

(WATCH IN FULLSCREEN)[/quote]

Basic HTML tags completion and Snippets
ej12n.com/screencasts/texteditor.html
And this is just the tip of the iceberg :smiley:
Enjoy!

P.S.: I would like to thanks sublimator, stevecooperorg and of course the creator of the beloved editor jps (Jon).
I have learned a lot from their plugins, and posts in forums, so credit where is due!

I don’t understand, where did you get all these shortcuts? Where are they documented? I had a look at the keymap for html and cant find a definition for div#foo etc… did you define these yourself?

L.[/quote]

Correct, they are custom snippets and they will soon be public in the repo/wiki!
In fact I think they should be added to the default packages but thats not up to me that’s up to Jon (jps)

0 Likes

That’s way cool

0 Likes

[quote=“sublimator”]IPython bridge screencast:
blogdata.akalias.net/ipython-bri … bridge.htm[/quote]

Which one is that plugin for the “In[X]” in the status bar… I believe is a clipboard browser? ala emacs killring?

Good job btw! :smiley:

0 Likes

[quote=“sublimator”]A screen cast of very tight RegexBuddy integration. Regex buddy can take input from a python (or your fave lang of choice) string, modify / test it ( sublime will send the full contents of the buffer over into the test string) and then send it back as an escaped string.

Here’s a 30 sec cast.

blogdata.akalias.net/regex-buddy/regex-buddy.htm[/quote]

Awesome, didn’t know about that one!

0 Likes

New screencast!
This starts “textmate to sublime” screencasts series… showing you that all goodies from textmate are here in sublime.
If you ever wanted textmate in windows, you have found the right place!

This screencasts (mimics) textmate screencast
macromates.com/screencasts

[quote]2006-04-22: Working With Numbers & Columns — 26.3 MB
Basic calculations from inside TextMate including how to add/subtract numbers in column formatted text, and how to do various other column related operations.[/quote]

Next one in series is, HTML tags and transformations…

Math, Columns, Multiple selections, Exec Python Code, and a “Firebug-like feature” extra – 900k
ej12n.com/screencasts/math_c … ctions.htm

Enjoy :smile:

PS: Everything you see in the screencasts will be released as a package soon!

0 Likes

really nice dude!

0 Likes

Actually ruby is 5.times { puts…blah blah but to answer ur question, not really! I’m a php guy, familiar with ruby but I don’t really code anything on it lol. Is just that “put 5 times XXX” is very easy to understand.
I am now learning python and enjoying it :smile:

0 Likes

Great video!

0 Likes

Currently, ej12n.com is not resolved by DNS, so screencasts aren’t accessible.
But you can add to your etc/hosts file the following line to resolve the problem:

72.233.81.34 ej12n.com

Where to locate the etc/hosts file you can read in the wiki article.

0 Likes

[quote=“Nishi”]Currently, ej12n.com is not resolved by DNS, so screencasts aren’t accessible.
But you can add to your etc/hosts file the following line to resolve the problem:

72.233.81.34 ej12n.com

Where to locate the etc/hosts file you can read in the wiki article.[/quote]

shoot! thx for the heads up, I’ll get it fixed :smile:

0 Likes

BTW currently I’m able to watch only 2-3 videos, others don’t open up… I just see dark pages. No flash, FLV or anything.

0 Likes

Try with Firefox

0 Likes

Sorry guys, I been really BUSY at work! I’ll get sometime and move videos somewhere else :smile:

0 Likes

Ok they should be working now, domain renewed :slight_smile:

0 Likes