two easy markdown questions

Re: two easy markdown questions

Postby jbrooksuk on Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:55 pm

C0D312 wrote:This is what my screen looks like with Syntax set to "Markdown"

What font is that?
jbrooksuk

Postby C0D312 on Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:41 pm

I'm going on a bit of a whim here but, I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. Since tmThemes are mixtures of regular expressions, you could create capture groups from 1-6 of "#" and change the colour on that.

True, but those are all set in the tmLanugage file. While the tmLanguage file can be tweaked, it will just be overridden when a new version comes out. Plus, it's much more hassle than it's worth.

What font is that?

Espresso Mono. It comes with Espresso.app and has been my favorite font since.
C0D312

Postby facelessuser on Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:49 pm

C0D312 wrote:
I'm going on a bit of a whim here but, I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. Since tmThemes are mixtures of regular expressions, you could create capture groups from 1-6 of "#" and change the colour on that.

True, but those are all set in the tmLanugage file. While the tmLanguage file can be tweaked, it will just be overridden when a new version comes out. Plus, it's much more hassle than it's worth.

You just copy the language file to a new folder named so that it comes before the original folder alphabetically; something like "Better Markdown" or whatever. It will then not get overwritten, and it will override the original, I do this with the JSON language. It is also what AAAPackageDev does; now you understand the "AAA". You might change the name internally in the tmLanguage file so it pops up different in the syntax menu.
facelessuser

Postby C0D312 on Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:55 pm

Facelessuser, either way, I don't think dutch is interested in editting regex and JSON. He just wants pretty colors in his markdown :)

But yeah. He could make a new language package. Thanks for the tip.
C0D312

Previous

Return to General Discussion