Sublime Forum

Dev Build 2178

[quote=“malpeli”]I gonna keep using this beautiful icon:
https://github.com/dmatarazzo/Sublime-Text-2-Icon

Very elegant and classy on my mac.[/quote]

I didn’t know it was that easy to change the icon. Thanks for the link.

0 Likes

Need to update the favicon of the site!

0 Likes

I was excited to see that there was a new icon, so I downloaded the new build, and I didn’t like it very much.

Then I thought about it a bit more, and now… I really don’t like it. It clashes with every other icon in my dock because it’s tilted so far backwards.

The Apple Human Interface Guidelines for icon design have this to say:

I’m not sure whether to count Sublime Text as a user app or a utility app in this sense, but in either case, the perspective is way off.

I also think this clashes with Windows icon standards. Most Windows icons use the straight-on perspective.

0 Likes

Very nice update. The icon looks more professional too. Though the ‘S’ probably could use some sharpening up, I generally think it is nice.

The good news is people got their new icon which doesn’t look like the terminal.

The bad news is, I don’t believe an icon exists that can make everyone happy :smile: . But hey, it is pretty easy for people to change their icon.

0 Likes

Simply cannot believe how many whiners there are regarding the icon… :open_mouth:
Seriously there are so many more awesome things he could be spending his time on…Why hassle him about the icon?

0 Likes

[quote]Simply cannot believe how many whiners there are regarding the icon…
Seriously there are so many more awesome things he could be spending his time on…Why hassle him about the icon?[/quote]

I agree. I like the icon and I am glad he hired professionals to create it. I also think, choosing orange was a conscious decision. At least on the mac it sets sublime apart from all the popular editors.

Still, being super-picky about the icon also shows how passionate people are about ST. And that’s a good thing :wink:

0 Likes

That’s nice, thanks for this awesome software !

Two things, though :

• the vintage mode seems to be enabled by default, now.
  • I’ve installed Soda Theme, and I can’t enable it. I mean it has been disabled, and adding again “theme”: “Soda Dark.sublime-theme” in my .sublime-settings file does not have any effect.

I’m on Ubuntu 11.04 64bit. I’ve downloaded the relevant archive, extracted it and copied sublime_text into my Sublime Text dir…

0 Likes

I dont like the new icon, orange is not a good color for this, sublime text is more about peace, not about chilly-colors U_U.

1. The perspective doesnt looks good, dont match in windows neither in mac. I hope you guys replace this icon.

I preffer the previous icon, the S in white and a soft dark blue for background, with rounded white borders.

0 Likes

[quote=“neohunter”]
I preffer the previous icon, the S in white and a soft dark blue for background, with rounded white borders.[/quote]

… That wasn’t the official sublime text icon. That was a user-contributed icon…

0 Likes

Add me to the long list of those who don’t like the new icon. Almost all the other alternative icons I’ve seen look better, IMO.

Regarding renaming the file, we need a command in the menu somewhere, for this. Otherwise, we can only rename a file in ST if it belongs to a folder that’s part of the current project. That’s quite limiting.

0 Likes

I’m getting some really bad rendering issues with views created by plugins. For example, when using the Git plugin, and a run the Git Diff command it opens a new scratch view. If I do another diff command which gives different results but has the same view name (eg: diff just one file), then when I use ctrl+tab or ctrl+page up/down to move to it, the tab doesn’t highlight and sometimes the entire tab bar glitches out pretty badly, sometimes with random pixels, sometimes all other tabs disappear.

Ubuntu, 64 bit

0 Likes

Not a fan of the new icon, but I’m happy about the improved Vintage mode!

0 Likes

I like the icon but agree with some that glow makes the icon look blurry in smaller sizes (in Win7 taskbar or MacOSX dock).

0 Likes

I’ve a problem in PHP file.
I can’t write a ]
I can only write a ] to close a

0 Likes

[quote=“oxman”]I’ve a problem in PHP file.
I can’t write a ]
I can only write a ] to close a [/quote]

works fine here. mybe it’s a plugin problem, try turning off any you added.

0 Likes

Indeed, its the Ctags package.
Thanks

0 Likes

Please consider putting up a poll about the new icon. I agree with some of the people posting here that this is not “the one”.

The S is in a somewhat silly font that doesn’t feel substantial, or programmer-ish.
The glow around the S looks amateurish and/or old fashioned. They went overboard here.
There’s too much distracting visual detail around the 3D ‘platform’. Too much platform in the icon, not enough of the S-face.

0 Likes

_______-

Don’t know if reported yet, but a new document with content

<div class="someso meso mesomes omesomesome  somesomeso mesomesome somesom esomesome"></div>

Can’t be saved. Console reports:

Error showing save dialog: 12290

0 Likes

It’s because of the quotes and the new feature to use the first line as the filename of an unsaved file. Just put a blank line before your code and Sublime will use “untitled” as the filename and allow the save dialog. Or put your preferred name in a comment and Sublime will use that.

0 Likes

For me, it’s a bug. It’s a totally unexpected behavior.
ST2 must filter the first line used as filename to remove forbidden chars and trunc it to filename size limit.

0 Likes