Sublime Forum

Dev Build 2178

I’m getting some really bad rendering issues with views created by plugins. For example, when using the Git plugin, and a run the Git Diff command it opens a new scratch view. If I do another diff command which gives different results but has the same view name (eg: diff just one file), then when I use ctrl+tab or ctrl+page up/down to move to it, the tab doesn’t highlight and sometimes the entire tab bar glitches out pretty badly, sometimes with random pixels, sometimes all other tabs disappear.

Ubuntu, 64 bit

0 Likes

Not a fan of the new icon, but I’m happy about the improved Vintage mode!

0 Likes

I like the icon but agree with some that glow makes the icon look blurry in smaller sizes (in Win7 taskbar or MacOSX dock).

0 Likes

I’ve a problem in PHP file.
I can’t write a ]
I can only write a ] to close a

0 Likes

[quote=“oxman”]I’ve a problem in PHP file.
I can’t write a ]
I can only write a ] to close a [/quote]

works fine here. mybe it’s a plugin problem, try turning off any you added.

0 Likes

Indeed, its the Ctags package.
Thanks

0 Likes

Please consider putting up a poll about the new icon. I agree with some of the people posting here that this is not “the one”.

The S is in a somewhat silly font that doesn’t feel substantial, or programmer-ish.
The glow around the S looks amateurish and/or old fashioned. They went overboard here.
There’s too much distracting visual detail around the 3D ‘platform’. Too much platform in the icon, not enough of the S-face.

0 Likes

_______-

Don’t know if reported yet, but a new document with content

<div class="someso meso mesomes omesomesome  somesomeso mesomesome somesom esomesome"></div>

Can’t be saved. Console reports:

Error showing save dialog: 12290

0 Likes

It’s because of the quotes and the new feature to use the first line as the filename of an unsaved file. Just put a blank line before your code and Sublime will use “untitled” as the filename and allow the save dialog. Or put your preferred name in a comment and Sublime will use that.

0 Likes

For me, it’s a bug. It’s a totally unexpected behavior.
ST2 must filter the first line used as filename to remove forbidden chars and trunc it to filename size limit.

0 Likes

I for one really like the new icon. It feels much more professional than the previous version (as well as many of the user contributed icons). It’s simple (like the software) and not overly techie/nerdy. It also fits right in with other great web development software icons I use everyday. See attached pic.

Great work!!!

0 Likes

Could we please have the “indent_to_bracket” ignore brackets it’s immediately following:

def foo(asd, |)

but:

def bar( |)

baz = { | }]

0 Likes

The icon is better except:
1 the color on the S
2 the font used on the S
3 it could indeed use less inclination (not as important)

0 Likes

I love the new icon. I am going to make sure I put a copy aside in case the chorus of complaint produces a change.

Just wanted to say something to balance the vocal minority pushing for another change here.

Thanks again for all the great work jps.

Every month my respect for ST2 grows even more as the awesome just gets better and better while still letting me customise to such a huge degree with such power and elegance.

And already up to 2080 as I write. Simply amazing an awesome. Best value for my money that I have got in a long time.

0 Likes

I love the Iconfactory, use their apps and generally their work is outstanding, but I created a forum account for the sole purpose of saying how ugly this icon is. I almost can’t believe the they produced something this bad. I’ve seen a couple community produced icons far better than this cruddy thing. I’m actually going to the trouble of replacing this icon every time the dev build updates and I don’t do this for any other piece of software I use. Really. Maybe programmers don’t care, but I’m also a designer and this thing grates on me like nails on a blackboard. Please, please change it. In fact, ask for your money back from Iconfactory, or get them to do a better job.

0 Likes

I don’t think the icon is bad per se. It just seems completely unrelated to ST.

The old icon had the virtue of reflecting ST’s minimal elegance. This icon looks like it was made by someone who was only told to “make something with an S in it.” But even on that level, it’s not very appealing. I hope Jon didn’t pay a lot of money for that.

Program is still great :smile:

0 Likes

I have to agree with everyone else that is saying the new icon is awful. Its probably the worst thing that I have seen come out of the IconFactory. Hope you get your money back.

Anyone know a painless way to change it without having to change it each time I upgrade?

0 Likes

The icon was made by Icon Factory? I was expecting more from them…
Sure it looks cool when viewed by itself in a large size, but on the OS X dock it looks awful… it has a weird perspective that doesn’t create that effect of “lying” on the dock and the glow makes it look blurry like hell…

0 Likes

Guys i see the new icon a week ago but doesnt update… today i update and after i see it on my dock on MAC… i just… SO DESAPOINTED! i dont like that icon, the blur is so intense and the color is ugly, the perspective just dont work, also i see a couple of pixels more upper than the other icons…

on my windows 7 machine the things are just worst, cause the perspective on win 7 is plain,

the previous icon, the darkblue version is very good… …

hope you rollback this change or… ask the iconfactory guy (i know they are amazing) for a new icon… :ugeek:

0 Likes

I’ll have to cast my vote against the new icon as well. It looks really sloppy to me, and yeah, the font reminds me of Comic Sans. :astonished: Luckily it’s easy to fix – just get a refund from Iconfactory and give the dough to Nate Beaty. His icon is distinctive and classy – you could totally build a brand around it.

0 Likes