Sublime Forum

Pseudo OSX UI theme

[size=150]Get it from github[/size]

I made it on and for OS X so I don’t know how it will fit in other systems.
The theme is largely based on Ian Hill’s excellent Soda theme.

Suggestions of all kind are welcomed… and if more than 3 people find it useful i can try to put it on Package Control.

TODO (maybe):

• Search icons need some reconsidering - i don’t know if i like the glowing blue light effect
  • New scrollbars - for now the scrollbars are from the default theme
0 Likes

Awesome job, love the statusbar and the tabs…

Just a few critiques if you don’t mind :smile:

1. I like the darker go-to anything, but it blends in to much if you use a dark colorscheme. I would prefer something a bit lighter.
  2. The x’s and o’s in the open file list are a too small.
  3. The hiding of the x in the tab until I hover directly over it becomes frustrating. Maybe just have it appear on hover over the entire tab instead?

Anyway, thanks for this, definitely feels more OSX-like.

0 Likes

[quote=“C0D312”]Awesome job, love the statusbar and the tabs…

Just a few critiques if you don’t mind :smile:

1. I like the darker go-to anything, but it blends in to much if you use a dark colorscheme. I would prefer something a bit lighter.
  2. The x’s and o’s in the open file list are a too small.
  3. The hiding of the x in the tab until I hover directly over it becomes frustrating. Maybe just have it appear on hover over the entire tab instead?

Anyway, thanks for this, definitely feels more OSX-like.[/quote]

Thanks for the critique. Appreciated.

I agree with the 2. and 3. I updated the repository with the changes. Also added a new tab close button.
For the 1. point i don’t know. I quite like it and don’t have any problems like that with a dark scheme (screenshot from the 1st post). What color scheme do you use?

0 Likes

I use a custom colorscheme. So my background isn’t a straight black, here’s a screenshot:

See, it blends in almost completely to my colorscheme :frowning:

Also, WOAH! 500 posts!

EDIT: also, there’s no indicator in the tabs for files with unsaved changes. Other than that, this is my new favorite theme for the time being.

0 Likes

[quote=“C0D312”]I use a custom colorscheme. So my background isn’t a straight black, here’s a screenshot:

See, it blends in almost completely to my colorscheme :frowning:

Also, WOAH! 500 posts!

EDIT: also, there’s no indicator in the tabs for files with unsaved changes. Other than that, this is my new favorite theme for the time being.[/quote]

I’ll try to test some different shades for the Goto Anything overlay. I’ll post my findings.

You mean the “unsaved changes dot”? It’s supposed to be there.

0 Likes

Yep, I don’t have one :frowning:

0 Likes

Alright, I fixed the “unsaved changes dot” not appearing. The problem was you specified that they only appear if “highlight_modified_tabs” is true. Removing all lines with “settings”: “highlight_modified_tabs”] fixed this. That setting is no longer supported by the default theme. It used to make tabs “glow” instead of having a dot. It would probably make sense if you removed that from your sublime-theme.

0 Likes

What a great theme. Thanks for sharing. :smiley:

0 Likes

It’s really nice! However, would you consider making a light version as well?

0 Likes

Thanks. Updated the repo.

Do you mean a light version of the Go To Anything… ? Everything else is pretty light. Tried to make it color scheme agnostic.

0 Likes

[quote=“raik”]

Do you mean a light version of the Go To Anything… ? Everything else is pretty light. Tried to make it color scheme agnostic.[/quote]

True. Yes, a lighter Goto Anything (and Command Palette, though it is probably the same element) would be great.

0 Likes

Doesn’t work for me here. Unzipped downloaded file, renamed folder as directed, copied folder into Packages directory. Edited my settings file and got the error:

Error loading colour scheme Packages/Theme - Pseudo OSX/Widget - Pseudo OSX.stTheme: Error parsing plist xml: Failed to open file In file "Packages/Theme - Pseudo OSX/Widget - Pseudo OSX.stTheme"
0 Likes

Seems to work fine on Windows (Vista).

0 Likes

[quote=“handycam”]Doesn’t work for me here. Unzipped downloaded file, renamed folder as directed, copied folder into Packages directory. Edited my settings file and got the error:

Error loading colour scheme Packages/Theme - Pseudo OSX/Widget - Pseudo OSX.stTheme: Error parsing plist xml: Failed to open file In file "Packages/Theme - Pseudo OSX/Widget - Pseudo OSX.stTheme"

Do you renamed the folder correctly?
“Theme - Pseudo OSX”
When the error occur, can you cancel it and see the activated theme or everything is in awesome psychedelic colors? In the latter case the problem may be in the wrong folder name. But when you see only the error, but theme is active, then look for the “Widget - Pseudo OSX.stTheme”.

Can you show me a screenshot?

0 Likes

Could you please add this to Package Control?

wbond.net/sublime_packages/package_control

Cheers!

0 Likes

Seems I left the X off the folder name. It works now.

0 Likes

yeah, just put this in package control so people don’t have to worry about renaming the folder :smile:

0 Likes

Thanks a lot for sharing your theme, I love it. I forked your theme on github and committed some small tweaks I made to make it better integrate with Snow Leopard (I’m assuming you made it with Lion in mind).

0 Likes

Hi

Can you please upload the syntax highlighting color scheme you used, which is visible on the screenshots?

Thank you

0 Likes

[quote=“dhorse”]Hi

Can you please upload the syntax highlighting color scheme you used, which is visible on the screenshots?

Thank you[/quote]

Its just edited idlefingers…
idlefingers.co.uk/

pastebin.com/L8BFb92Q

0 Likes