Sublime Forum

Remove "rounded" corners from text selection & highlights

Is there any way to make the “rounded corners” on the text highlights (selection, find, etc.) square? Thanks.

0 Likes

You can always vote: sublimetext.userecho.com/users/9 … /feedback/ :smile:

0 Likes

@wuub

That is a totally different issue, from what I can tell. But perhaps I am misunderstanding. I think you want the ability to sometimes draw without rounded corners. I’m ok with that, I just don’t want to lose the default rounded corners on selections.

@danderson

I guess to each his own, but the little details like the rounded corners on the selection was one of the little details that sold me on sublime.

0 Likes

this.

0 Likes

The rounded corners are actually functionally important in a multiple selection environment, to help distinguish neighbouring selections.

0 Likes

Ultimately I do, but asking for a separate API for drawing seemed like a very long shot at this time (== not going to happen in ST2) and from the outside it seems that ST2 is hardcoded to draw all selections/regions as rounded rectangles.

In that respect both issues are the same.
Also from my point of both solutions:

• turning off roundness using view.settings()
  • selecting a different set of flags for add_regions()
    are equivalent == solve my problem
0 Likes

Never thought about that. I’m sure a lot of people like the rounded corners. For me it looks out of place. A setting would be great.

Is it possible to set the color of the border independently from the cursor color? That could probably help. As far as I can tell, the two colors are one in the same. Thanks.

0 Likes

Sorry to dig this thread up, was an option added to draw add_regions without rounded corners?

0 Likes

I want this option too. Hate round corners. I think this important setting for themes or at least for global user settings.
There is another topic with vote

0 Likes