Sublime Forum

Zen Coding ( CSS Snippets )

[size=85]how can i install this on windows 7
[/size]

• installed with Package Control.
0 Likes

I’ve been using Zen Coding with Notepad++ and now trying it with Sublime Text 2 Beta build 2126. I installed Zen Coding, and then Compass, which may have also added Zen Coding.

There is one option I’m having trouble with–Wrap with abbreviation. This is shown as wrap_zen_as_you_type in your binding list, with two possible ways to do it. What I find is that this opens a ‘koan’ window, and anything I type in there replaces the material I wanted to wrap. This command is highly useful to me, as I constantly change my mind about how a site should look, and so need to be able to quickly change html. Any suggestions on what is wrong?

0 Likes

[quote=“sublimator”]

[quote=“whololo”]Hi

Any ideas on how I can get zen coding enabled in .php files?

It works great in html and css.

Thanks

PS: replies like "dont put html in php files are not appreciated :smile:[/quote]

Do you mean html inside a string/HEREDOC in PHP?[/quote]

I think he never replied. I’m using ST2 and have the same problem as him, while inside .php file I cannot use zen coding at all, even inside string or heredoc. Is there a way to make it work?

0 Likes

on the Sublime Text view menu, choose syntax. On the menu that flies out chose html. Works for me.

0 Likes

In this case

top:$(1:0);

Output will be with double spaces

top:__0;
0 Likes

Hi,

i just started using zen coding plugin, great time saver, but when writing css after pressing CTRL + SPACE i don’t see classes anymore. Is there way how to fix this?

Thanks!

0 Likes

Sure.

CTRL + SPACE when Zen is enabled.
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/6470/sublime.jpg

CTRL + SPACE when Zen is disabled.
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/9844/sublimewithoutzen.jpg

0 Likes

Guys I got a question. Anyone knows WHERE can I get this? On Bitbucket it says it’s a private repo and there’s no download or cloning available.
Is it down? For good?

0 Likes

Yeah please anyone share the zen coding plugin ? Well of course if that doesn’t break its license and so. Seems sublimator just abandoned the project…

0 Likes

sublimator is gone?! That…is…not…good :frowning:

Well okay for all the folks out there that now are sad and just want to have zen coding i put up the last repo for download here.
netload.in/dateiERPTH72DN7/ZenCoding.zip.htm

@sublimator
if you don’t agree with this, just let me know and i take it down.

0 Likes

Thank you eikaramba, but can you please tell me how to install? i put the unzipped package to Library/App Support/Sublime Text 2/Packages …still no results for even zen in package control, it looks like it needs to by compiled first or something no? i would be grateful if you helped with installation, really need this. thanks

0 Likes

hi all, ia have a serious problem with this plugin that i’ve installed through the package control…

seems that if i wrote a rule like the following without using the snippets…

h1 {
color: red;
}

and then i delete the }
h1 {
color: red;

i can’t retype it…if i do ctrl+altgr+ + nothing happens, i have to rewrite the entire rule from the beginning…when i disable zencoding, all returns normal.

i’m using the last dev build of ST2 x64 on win 7 x64

ty in advance

0 Likes

eikaramba thanks man!

0 Likes

@hizo
well normally you just put the sources into your package folder within a subfolder e.g. packages/zencoding/here are the files…

That’s it. nothing more, promise :smile: Sublime scans auto. all folders and recognize zen-coding. Normally you should then able to press the shortkeys in e.g. html files or whatever.
about package control: i’m not sure how package control handles that the official repo is offline. I guess there might be a way to integrate that back into package control, but there’s no advantage of doing this, as you have no up-to-date repository in the internet till now. I just hope that sublinator is not really gone.

0 Likes

why does package controll does not find zen coding?

0 Likes

@gagginaspinnata
please read previous posts. It’s because the project is down and sublimator seems to have abandoned the project. there are no more news till now on that.

0 Likes

Oh, no, what happened to sublimator!? It seems he deleted his forum account here, too. :frowning: I hope he’s okay.

What exactly was his role with regard to integrating Zen Coding and ST2? It seems the main Zen Coding project is continuing along. What did sublimator do to convert that repository into something that works with ST2?

0 Likes

I got a message from sublimator indicating it needs a new home and maintainer. I will hopefully at least get a copy of it back online in the next day or two. After that we can try to work out finding a more permanent maintainer.

0 Likes

I’m happy to host stuff and also happy to be a maintainer if someone can give me a maintaining 101 for sublime plugin hosting :wink:

0 Likes

mhm thats really sad, i think sublimator was one of the most important plugin developers for sublimetext. but of course i guess personal circumstances are the reasons, so it’s absolutely comprehensible.

0 Likes