Sublime Forum

Zen Coding ( CSS Snippets )

Thank you eikaramba, but can you please tell me how to install? i put the unzipped package to Library/App Support/Sublime Text 2/Packages …still no results for even zen in package control, it looks like it needs to by compiled first or something no? i would be grateful if you helped with installation, really need this. thanks

0 Likes

hi all, ia have a serious problem with this plugin that i’ve installed through the package control…

seems that if i wrote a rule like the following without using the snippets…

h1 {
color: red;
}

and then i delete the }
h1 {
color: red;

i can’t retype it…if i do ctrl+altgr+ + nothing happens, i have to rewrite the entire rule from the beginning…when i disable zencoding, all returns normal.

i’m using the last dev build of ST2 x64 on win 7 x64

ty in advance

0 Likes

eikaramba thanks man!

0 Likes

@hizo
well normally you just put the sources into your package folder within a subfolder e.g. packages/zencoding/here are the files…

That’s it. nothing more, promise :smile: Sublime scans auto. all folders and recognize zen-coding. Normally you should then able to press the shortkeys in e.g. html files or whatever.
about package control: i’m not sure how package control handles that the official repo is offline. I guess there might be a way to integrate that back into package control, but there’s no advantage of doing this, as you have no up-to-date repository in the internet till now. I just hope that sublinator is not really gone.

0 Likes

why does package controll does not find zen coding?

0 Likes

@gagginaspinnata
please read previous posts. It’s because the project is down and sublimator seems to have abandoned the project. there are no more news till now on that.

0 Likes

Oh, no, what happened to sublimator!? It seems he deleted his forum account here, too. :frowning: I hope he’s okay.

What exactly was his role with regard to integrating Zen Coding and ST2? It seems the main Zen Coding project is continuing along. What did sublimator do to convert that repository into something that works with ST2?

0 Likes

I got a message from sublimator indicating it needs a new home and maintainer. I will hopefully at least get a copy of it back online in the next day or two. After that we can try to work out finding a more permanent maintainer.

0 Likes

I’m happy to host stuff and also happy to be a maintainer if someone can give me a maintaining 101 for sublime plugin hosting :wink:

0 Likes

mhm thats really sad, i think sublimator was one of the most important plugin developers for sublimetext. but of course i guess personal circumstances are the reasons, so it’s absolutely comprehensible.

0 Likes

I really appreciate U adapting Zen Coding (ZC) for UE.

I was wondering if U had tried it with CSS snippets which ZC has …e.g.

bdcl:c … hot key inserts border-collapse:collapse;

I changed function getEditorType (around line 1290) to return ‘css’ & tried some css snippets and it seems to work fine as long as the abbr snippet doesn’t have a ‘:’ like the example above … here the entry point isn’t correct and a pattern of deleting line 1 , col 1 char, but bdcl hot key … abbr snippet without : …doesn’t suffer from same problem.

Wondered if U had tried it or had plans to w/ css… regardless if you do or don’t a much appreciated contribution.

Update… altered how the replacement text was inserted and now it handles css abbr with/without the colon : whereas before the colon was a problem. Still the heavy lifting was down by Echopark.

0 Likes

ZenCoding is now available via Package Control. wbond.net/sublime_packages/package_control

0 Likes

I have had much frustration with this so called Zen Coding over the past few days.
Basically “tab” refuses to expand any abbreviation that I type and there is no CSS or html hints. (and yes I have saved the file as .html first)
Installed it with package control found at wbond.net/sublime_packages/package_control
But I’ve also tried downloading various versions of it and putting them in the packages folder myself to no avail.
Could someone please help me, I’m starting to give up hope for sublime text and may be forced to go back to Dreamweaver if I can’t get Zen to work.

Is there some sort of secret setting that I’m missing that only people in the know, know of. I’ve tried looking through zen-coding.sublime-settings & a few other files in the Zen Coding folder but I can’t see any key bindings settings or anything that looks like it will fix it.

0 Likes

@ cameronelkin,

Have you used any Zen Coding before? While this plugin can do a lot of things, it’s main focus is adding Zen Coding (code.google.com/p/zen-coding/) to ST2. For example, if you type: html>head+body>div#nav>ul>li*3>a+div#content>h1+p, and then press either TAB or Ctrl+Space, zencoding expands the text to: [code]

[/code]
0 Likes

[quote=“cameronelkin”]I have had much frustration with this so called Zen Coding over the past few days.
Basically “tab” refuses to expand any abbreviation that I type and there is no CSS or html hints. (and yes I have saved the file as .html first)
Installed it with package control found at wbond.net/sublime_packages/package_control
But I’ve also tried downloading various versions of it and putting them in the packages folder myself to no avail.
Could someone please help me, I’m starting to give up hope for sublime text and may be forced to go back to Dreamweaver if I can’t get Zen to work.

Is there some sort of secret setting that I’m missing that only people in the know, know of. I’ve tried looking through zen-coding.sublime-settings & a few other files in the Zen Coding folder but I can’t see any key bindings settings or anything that looks like it will fix it.[/quote]

It wasn’t working for me too since i installed the “new” version yesterday. After deleting all the .pyc files from the ZenCoding Package plus this one: Packages/User/my_zen_settings.pyc and after disabling most of the other plugins i have installed it is working now. It is still working with the other plugins enabled again, so i am not sure where the problem was.

You can also try resetting the application (http://www.sublimetext.com/docs/2/revert.html) and installing package control and zen coding and restarting the application. Just to see if it is working.

0 Likes

Fixed it with a full re-install of sublime 2 and ZenCoding, abbreviations now expand.

0 Likes

I have just installed ZenCoding package through Package Control but it fails to work. The following is output in the console:

Reloading plugin /Users/kev/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Packages/ZenCoding/sublimezen.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./sublime_plugin.py", line 57, in reload_plugin
  File "./sublimezen.py", line 25, in <module>
    import zencoding
  File "./zencoding/__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
    import utils
ImportError: No module named utils
Reloading plugin /Users/kev/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Packages/ZenCoding/sublimezenplugin.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./sublime_plugin.py", line 57, in reload_plugin
  File "./sublimezenplugin.py", line 12, in <module>
    from zencoding.parser.abbreviation import ZenInvalidAbbreviation
  File "./zencoding/__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
    import utils
ImportError: No module named utils

Any ideas on how to get this working?

Thanks.

0 Likes

I THINK I KNOW WHY ZEN CODING STOPS ABBREVIATING.

i tried using zen coding which i installed via package control with html5 which I also installed from package control. it doesn’t expand abbreviations
but under plain html it does.
when i switch to html5 it doesn’t!

ok now it won’t work anywhere… once i install html5 it stops working altogether.
CONFIRMED! i disabled html5 package and it started working again

0 Likes

Hi,

I wrote a month ago about problem with ZC in css files. Can somebody confirm that this is just my issue or it’s problem with plugin?

Thanks

Examples:
CTRL + SPACE when Zen is enabled.
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/6470/sublime.jpg

CTRL + SPACE when Zen is disabled.
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/9844/sublimewithoutzen.jpg

0 Likes

Did a quick test. With Zen enabled the coursinfo reference works.

0 Likes