Sublime Forum

Zen Coding ( CSS Snippets )

regarding Verilog, we have syntax highlight support in Sublime Community Repository: http://www.sublimetextwiki.com/pages/Verilog.html

0 Likes

I did see that verilog syntax hightlighting is supported and I know there is VHDL syntax highlighting for Textmate so I assume that should work with Sublime.

My idea is to use Zen Coding to generate vhdl/verilog source code from customizable templates and snippets that are generated from commands as shown in the demo video below which would add the text for commonly used digital logic functions used in hardware design.

Thanks

0 Likes

Sublimator, sorry, but how to download from there?

0 Likes

Thank you very much! Download and install Tortoise HG, everything works.
I try Zen Coding - very impressive!

0 Likes

Great work, sublimator!

If you don’t mind, i would like to add you to the project committers list on Zen Coding project, so you will be able to upload your plugin and create Wiki-pages with installation instructions.

So, if you intrested, just PM me.

0 Likes

Sublimator, after update ctrl+alt+enter Zen Coding not working. Rolling back to previous version and it’ work again.

0 Likes

Thanks! It works :wink:

0 Likes

[quote=“sublimator”]Dan,

I just put the command on my BB acount, and actually used some OO(
shudder), factoring out a DynamicSnippetBase you can inherit from so
you just need to implement create_snippet(self, abbr, args) as seen here

The view reference is available as self.view but you can always just
use the Base as an example if needs be. In any case you’ll have to
copy/paste the Base into your package. Dependencies between packages
is still an open problem.

Hopefully, it doesn’t have too many bugs as I haven’t thoroughly
checked it.[/quote]

this is great. Thanks, Dan

0 Likes

Sublimator! Zen Coding Pakage is amazing! http://forums.disenteria.ru/style_emoticons/default/mol.gif

0 Likes

awesome job Nick like always! :smile:
IM LOVING IT :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Any documentation on how to use this?

0 Likes

See the zen coding google page… then on sublime just press ctrl+alt+enter and enter ur zen coding pattern :smile:

0 Likes

very impressive nick! well done

0 Likes

[quote=“EJ12N”]

See the zen coding google page… then on sublime just press ctrl+alt+enter and enter ur zen coding pattern :smile:[/quote]

yup tried that and every combination of it and nothing happens, it also seems to have broken sublimes built in snippet completion.

I was expecting to type in html:xt press tab etc. I take it that doesn’t happen?

0 Likes

I’ve opened the ouput panel and when I press your key combination I get:

>>> 
  File "<string>", line 0

^
SyntaxError: unexpected EOF while parsing
0 Likes

maybe update AAA* ?

0 Likes

[quote=“sublimator”]UPDATE

I just pushed version 1.1 of Zen Coding to BitBucket (up again, hurrah).
[/quote]

Just installed new beta 20091002 and Zen Coding 1.1. Zen Coding now not working :frowning:

0 Likes

Oh, files from package was not installed completely. I extract files from package manually and all works great!

0 Likes

Works for me… do you have any ideas which files were missing? Did you have an earlier version installed before installing 1.1?

0 Likes

After installing Zen Coding package i have this files in zen coding package folder of sublime text:

dynamicsnippets.py dynamicsnippets.pyc initzen.py initzen.pyc zc.py zc.pyc
And Zen Coding not working.

After manual extraction from package i have this:

zencoding [folder] Default.sublime-keymap dynamicsnippets.py dynamicsnippets.pyc initzen.py initzen.pyc README.txt zc.py zc.pyc
And all works.

0 Likes