Sublime Forum

Zen Coding ( CSS Snippets )

@iamntz

damn, will take a look in the morning

0 Likes

@castles_made_of_sand can you please consider changing following thing?

In default.sublime-keymap:
For "action": "encode_decode_base64" if operand will be set to "operand": "text.html, source.css, source.scss" base encoding will work in css and scss as well, also I think actual encode_to_base64 function is a little bit wrong, so in \Packages\ZenCoding\zencoding\actions\basic.py line ~ 773 if you change editor.replace_content('$0' + b64, pos, pos + len(img_path)) to editor.replace_content(b64, pos, pos + len(img_path)) it will work nicely.

Also I confirm that I’m having issues with snippets as well. Another bug report is that when I call ‘wrap zen as you type’ on couple of selected lines or on multiple selection - lines disappear. However it works for just one line. Alt+shift+w also works.

Thanks for your work.

0 Likes

Another bug report is that when I call ‘wrap zen as you type’ on couple of selected lines or on multiple selection

My time for this is pretty limited so I’d pretty please love you long time if you gave me exact repros when reporting bugs

I’ll take your word the patches work nicely :smile:

For better or worse, I apply every pull request that’s sent my way.

There just hasn’t been many :confused: In the future if you have patches feel free to send one via bitbucket.

I understand every man and his dog uses git/github so I’ll migrate this to Github to make it a bit friendlier

Anyway, I’ll take a quick look now at all the stuff you mentioned.

0 Likes

Alright, a fix for the ZenAsYouType with non empty selections regression, lemme know how it goes

0 Likes

New home for ZenCoding at github:

github.com/sublimator/ZenCoding

0 Likes

I cannot find Zen Coding in the repository via Package Control.

Why is that and how do I install Zen Coding now?

Thanks!

0 Likes

[quote=“aworo”]I cannot find Zen Coding in the repository via Package Control.

Why is that and how do I install Zen Coding now?

Thanks![/quote]

Hi, I can not find zencoding from package control either. But I did figure out how to install it manually. What you need to do is:

1. Go to the packages directory. In Mac, it is: ~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Packages . If you are using Windows, you should be able to figure that out yourself.
  2. git clone git://github.com/sublimator/ZenCoding.git into the package directory.
    that’s it. Restart your sbulime text and zencoding should be working now.
0 Likes

It’s in the process of getting added to package control

All y’all benefiting from package control should send a paypal to will@wbond.net for his work on that :smile:

0 Likes

@Castle: any chance of fixing the css thing? Even if i have “disable_completions”: true set, my completion file is completely ignored :frowning:

Am i doing something wrong?

0 Likes

Even if i have “disable_completions”: true set, my completion file is completely ignored

You positive ZenCoding is the cause? Disable completions is working for me.

You’ve tried moving the ZenCoding package out temporarily, or using ignored_packages, or otherwise disabling to see if it’s the cause?

Can you enter the following in the console?

import sublime_plugin; sublime_plugin.all_callbacks'on_query_completions']

What’s the output?

Do you have any css related plugins that are making use of sublime.INHIBIT_EXPLICIT_COMPLETIONS ? (You could grep the constant name there)

0 Likes

They say a picture make more than a thousand of words, so there are few millions of words screencast.com/t/ERkmcT3IP :smile:

Long story short, yeah, i’m pretty sure ZenCoding is the culprit (anyhow, if there is any way of disabling a package for a certain language, like css, that’s enough for me because i’m only using zen for html )

0 Likes

Firstly, I’m assuming you have the latest git version

You didn’t show any before/after of disable_completions

Do you have a User/zen-codings.sublime-settings?

You’ve edited the correct one? I’m not really sure what this could be.

The disable_completions check is pretty much first thing in the on_query_completions method that Zen hooks into.

0 Likes

Indeed, I do have the latest github version.
My User/zen-coding.sublime-setings.

0 Likes

Sorry, not on my dev computer atm, sitting down the pub getting a pie :smile:

Look here: github.com/sublimator/ZenCoding … in.py#L310

Chuck in some print statements around there in your local equivalent and try and debug it

0 Likes

Ok, that’s a good start. I’ll trying later and i’ll post if i’ll find a solution.

Thanks.

Enjoy your pie! :ugeek:

0 Likes

Ok, so from the python code i understand exactly nothing. I’m that good! :mrgreen:
But, i figured out another way of fixing stuff: on zen-coding.sublime-settings i did this :

"my_zen_settings" : { "css": { "filters": "foo" } }

I assumed that filters is some kind of scope. So… Right now just works, which is enough for me :smile:

Thanks!

0 Likes

iamntz,
If you just wanted to remove the space after the colon, you should’ve just removed the “fc” filter. These filters are described in the zen coding documentation.

code.google.com/p/zen-coding/wiki/Filters

castles_made_of_sand,
Thanks for the update, now single-line css coding works fine.
The thing that is wrong now is the expansion of the abbreviations followed by the plus, like “bd+”. The caret after the expansion appears after semicolon instead of highlighting portions of the expansion on each “tab” pressing.

E.g. “bd+” should create “border:1px solid #000;” and highlight “1px” allowing you to change it. Pressing “tab” should move the selection to “solid” and then to “#000”. Something like that.

0 Likes

@Igor10k

Looks like it’s inserting what is declared

You might be interested in trialling a new version of ZenCoding for Sublime from Zen’s original creator. He’s looking for people to help him spin the tyres so to speak.

When it’s ready, it will be the version available on Package Control. I don’t see this version getting any more updates/fixes. EOL.

0 Likes

Hi there,

I’m having this issue right now (unable to type closing curly bracket), either using AltGr + } in a PC keyboard or using Ctrl+Alt+} in a PC or Mac keyboard.

I can see this issue is two-year old, so I was wondering if a fix was done.

I’m using Sublime Text 3065 under Windows 8.1. Thanks a lot!

Cheers, Manuel

0 Likes

[quote=“msoutopico”]Hi there,

I’m having this issue right now (unable to type closing curly bracket), either using AltGr + } in a PC keyboard or using Ctrl+Alt+} in a PC or Mac keyboard.

I can see this issue is two-year old, so I was wondering if a fix was done.

I’m using Sublime Text 3065 under Windows 8.1. Thanks a lot!

Cheers, Manuel[/quote]

Get Emmet, Zen Coding was renamed it and there’s been a lot of changes to it since. emmet.io

0 Likes