Sublime Forum

Zen Coding ( CSS Snippets )

sublimator, what about the most important, in html nothing from zen-coding works on tab?

0 Likes

this plugin is very buggy.

example - you get some big piece of code through ctrl+alt+enter command, then remove a half and… you have to press on Tab key dozens of times while counter for removed code will not be switched off.

the problem is about editing points for snippets, plugin doesn’t know that sometimes I don’t use them, so it always gives me an extra job - press on Tab and see that nothing changes (it jumps from removed editing point to another one removed, lol), you can feel yourself like an idiot. This bug is like a bunch into the sky.

0 Likes

Wow, I just tried the new version on Bitbucket
bitbucket.org/sublimator/zencoding/

That’s way better sublimator! All the bugs seem fixed and it’s way faster it seems. Thank you!!!

0 Likes

sublimator, dude, snippets like .class { type something and press tab; } don’t expand (when there is no new line).

also, when I have

|
and press Enter, its better to expand to

[code]

|
[/code] (with tab)

Not to

[code]

|
[/code]

similar to all block-level elemetns.

one more important bug - abbreviations and snippets expand only when you type shortcut without remarks. So, if you type fser and then remark it with fset, tab won’t work for this. But alt+e works.

0 Likes

no, I’m using fixed 1.2.2 version (without last changes).

with extra keymap file inside A folder (zencoding/a/Default.sublime-keymap). Source of this file:

<bindings> <binding key="/[A-Za-z0-9#.&gt;+*:$_!@-]+/,tab" command="zenHTML $1" uuid="59b1aa64-38c6-11df-84d2-00037af1a101"> <context name="selector" value="text.html - source - meta.tag, punctuation.definition.tag.begin, meta.scope.between-tag-pair.html"/> <context name="allSelectionsEmpty" value="true"/> <context name="allPreceedingText" value="(^|\s*)[A-Za-z0-9#.&gt;+*:$_!@-]*$"/> <context name="noFollowingText" value="\S"/> <context name="hasNextField" value="true"/> </binding> <binding key="/[A-Za-z0-9#.&gt;+*:$_!@-]+/,tab" command="zenHTML $1" uuid="59b1aa65-38c6-11df-a961-00037af1a101"> <context name="selector" value="text.html - source - meta.tag, punctuation.definition.tag.begin, meta.scope.between-tag-pair.html"/> <context name="allSelectionsEmpty" value="true"/> <context name="allPreceedingText" value="(^|\s*)[A-Za-z0-9#.&gt;+*:$_!@-]*$"/> <context name="hasNextField" value="false"/> </binding> </bindings>

so the shortcuts like “ul>li*8” now work for me by Tab. If I move these bindings to default keymap file (its be default), they work only by alt+e.

can you fix please cursor point for block-level elements? Like

[code]

|
[/code]
0 Likes

Zen Coding doesn’t work on sublimetext2?

0 Likes

New plugin system isn’t it.

0 Likes

Hey I really like this plugin and appreciate the effort put into it, I just have a couple of things I’d love to be able to change

I’ve been digging around the source and I cannot find how to alter a couple of things

1. I’d like to be able to remove the space that’s inserted between the css value ie. when expanding fl:l -> float: left; i would prefer fl:l -> float:left; and also when doing a straight expand ie. fl: -> float:| (| representing the cursor position)

2. Also i’d prefer to be able to modify the css expand so that it doesn’t automatically add a newline with indentation on expanding

3. One thing I have noticed with F1 list for CSS is that it searches all values, and not from the beginning of the line, this means that you can’t get to certain elements (try searching for “p”) minus quotes and you’ll see what i mean

4. Also bug? fz expands to fz-index: and not font-size?

thanks

0 Likes

I would love to see Zen Coding support in Sublime as it’s the one thing holding me back from switching from Komodo :smile: you sure we can’t tempt you to keep the working going some how?

I’m sure a few of us would be more than happy to donate some £££’s for your hard work, least I know I would!

0 Likes

[quote=“sublimator”]Here’s a quick hack port of Zen to s2 ( see attached zip ) I did last week. ( see attached zip )

It will ** likely ** be buggy. Only windows keymap is setup etc. Commands are missing. Hasn’t really been tested ( I don’t use X yet )

Be aware that default snippet bindings will take priority over normal bindings.

Dunno when I can look at it properly.[/quote]

I placed the package in it’s right place, but I’m still not able to get ZenCoding to work for S1 or 2. Does anyone know if “ctrl+,” is still used to expand in S1 or 2?

0 Likes

[quote=“sublimator”]The posted zip was for S2 only.

Most commands (expand, balance tag etc) work here for me. Shrug.

It should just be abbrev->tab.

If it’s not working for people maybe I’ll just remove the zip to avoid wasting time.[/quote]

It works for me!

0 Likes

[quote=“sublimator”]The posted zip was for S2 only.

Most commands (expand, balance tag etc) work here for me. Shrug.

It should just be abbrev->tab.

If it’s not working for people maybe I’ll just remove the zip to avoid wasting time.[/quote]

I’m using the latest S2 alpha. I typed in

div#content>p

And then pressed [TAB], but nothing expanded. And I’m sure I have it placed correctly. Am I missing something?

0 Likes

[quote=“sublimator”]

etc . Commands are missing. Hasn’t really been tested ( I don’t use X yet )

Are you on *nix. You’ll have to copy the keymap?[/quote]

*nix? unix? linux? No. I’m on Windows 7 x64.

0 Likes

does it work stable on last sublimetext?

0 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to convert this to ST2 sublimator :smiley: This should be built into ST imo.

I can’t get the CSS help menu to show up with F1 anymore. Is it still there? I’m on windows 7 64bit.

0 Likes

Also how would I get the css commands to work on .less files?

0 Likes

It’s in essence just like css so is there any way to just make zen coding css commands run if the file extension ends in .less aswell as .css?

0 Likes

I didn’t mention I’m using the less textmate bundle github.com/appden/less.tmbundle

ZenCoding works if I set the document type to CSS but not if I set it to LESS using that bundle.

0 Likes

Does this plugin work or still buggy for st2?

Tab expand works?

0 Likes

[quote=“sublimator”]

Oh, rightio, I guess it’d be a matter of setting the right selector contexts on the bindings.

The expand abbreviation tab binding has a selector of ‘source.css’ which should match ‘source.css.less’ so I’m not sure what’s going on. Can you link me to the particular less bundle / syntax file you are using?

Which commands in particular aren’t working? They are definitely **working **for normal css?

( Some of the commands in the S1 ZenCoding relied upon regex bindings not yet available in S2. There are workarounds but I’m not going to bother properly looking into Zen on S2 until it ships with Python3.2, a QuickPanel API and regex bindings, and the next stable release of ZenCoding with its new API is out )[/quote]

Ah fixed it. My file was called base.less not base.css.less

0 Likes