Sublime Forum

Zen Coding ( CSS Snippets )

Woo hoo!

I’m transitioning from N++ and this is another thing I was worried about.

But you got it covered!

Thanks you very much!

0 Likes

ZenCoding 0.7 has been released yesterday.

github.com/sergeche/zen-coding/ … ease-Notes

0 Likes

Yea hoping to see this for SB2 soon. About the only thing keeping me from using this full time over textmate. Not working for me on OS X.

0 Likes

Ahh I see. Looks like it doesn’t have the html5 stuff in there yet in the html_matcher stuff.

Also for some reason I can’t set it to super+alt+e similar to what it is in other editors. Just beeps at me. super+e works though.

0 Likes

Would love to see this in ST2 on OSX :frowning: really missing it.

0 Likes

Getting this in OSX ST2 would definitely make me move out of textmate.
+1 for adding the ZenCoding’s CSS Snippets in the default package.

Going to give a try to the recommendations in this thread to see if I can get it to work.

0 Likes

A small tutorial for the OSX guys unable to enable ZenCoding on SublimeText 2.
I’m running the latest Beta (launched today July 1st).

1. I’ve downloaded the ZenCoding.zip from the following thread:
    Launching an external process

2. Copy it here: /Users/YOURNAMEHERE/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Packages/
    and extract it (you’ll get ZenCoding/ a bunch of .py files and another ‘zencoding’ subfolder)

Now, go inside Sublime Text 2 -> Preferences -> User Key Bindings… and paste in the text from here:
pastebin.com/Cg0EJshy (it’s the contents of the Default (Windows).sublime-keymap file which only gets used on Windows)

That’s it.

I was mainly after the ZenCSS expanders which got enabled properly. Haven’t tested the other ZenCoding functionalities, but they should probably work as well.

0 Likes

What is/are the expansion key(s) on OSX? I’ve tried the typical ones. I’ve checked in the the included files but don’t see it right off hand.

0 Likes

I do have tab completions enabled. A string like this:

ul#menu>li*5>a

expands to:

ul#menu>li*5>

I just noticed the keymap files in the root of the HG checkout, I’m looking through those.

0 Likes

Oh and the Zen as you type (CTRL+ALT+Enter) is AMAZING!!! LOVE IT!

0 Likes

Thank you for zen coding!

I’ve played with it just few hours and it seems everything is fine but one small bug

[code]

[/code]

when I execute split/join tag inside img the result is:

[code]

[/code]
0 Likes

Yes, I’m have a fresh install of Sublime 2075 beta. The HTML bundle is installed so “a” will expand to by default. I can whack the HTML directory if that’ll help.

0 Likes

Hey,

I did exactly this, and I definitely have the latest build of Sublime Text. However, nothing seems to have changed? When I press Ctrl+Alt+Enter, the ‘Enter Koan’ thing fails to come up? Was there anything else I needed to do in order to get this to work?

Cheers

0 Likes

Decrements/increments work only in CSS, am I right? Could they be activated in HTML?

0 Likes

[quote=“timtamboy63”]
Was there anything else I needed to do in order to get this to work?[/quote]

It’d be helpful to list the platform you’re on, and if there’s any output in the console when you press the key binding (or any other text in the console in relation to any python errors).

0 Likes

Brilliant!

How would I add SCSS completions? Basically, enabling the CSS functionality for SCSS files would be enough.

I’ve enabled most of the commands by adding the relevant scopes to the keybind file. I’ve not been able to work out how the new dynamic completions work. For info, the only difference between CSS and SCSS scopes is that SCSS has a source.scss instead of source.css.

0 Likes

I tried installing it, but I’m not sure I’m reading this right.

First question would be, is this supposed to work on OSx?

If so, what’s the exact way to install it? I think I might be doing it so very very wrong.

Thanks in advance. :smile:

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]

[quote=“timtamboy63”]
Was there anything else I needed to do in order to get this to work?[/quote]

It’d be helpful to list the platform you’re on, and if there’s any output in the console when you press the key binding (or any other text in the console in relation to any python errors).[/quote]

Went to go check the output on the console, and it works perfectly now! Not sure why, but thanks anyway :smile:

0 Likes

Initially i though there is a bug in ST, but then i realized than the problem is here after i installed Zen.
I described the whole thing here.

Btw, there is a way to get only some parts of zen (expand abbr) up & running and discard everything else?
Is kinda conflicts with my current snippets.

0 Likes

I store only css snippets in a .sublime-completion file. All other snippets are into .sublime-snippet files.
I noticed the issue only on php and html syntax, only if i have a > symbol just before the cursor.

0 Likes