Sublime Forum

Zen Coding ( CSS Snippets )

[quote=“sublimator”]@kuroir

If you’d like to take over maintaining this that would be great. If that means moving it to GitHub then that’s up to you :smile:

I’m really not the right person for this as I barely use it.[/quote]

Sounds good to me, though I’m beginning getting used to Sublime. I finally decided to stop using TextMate.

I’m a front-end engineer so I believe that I can take care of this one, though I’m not that good with Python yet (I’m a Ruby Developer, shouldn’t be that hard I hope).

This would be great since that could mean that I could take Zen Coding functionality out of my SCSS (Sass) package.

Any chance you can point me out to some docs about how everything works on the current package? anything would help.

0 Likes

[quote=“sublimator”]@kuroir

If you’d like to take over maintaining this that would be great. If that means moving it to GitHub then that’s up to you :smile:

I’m really not the right person for this as I barely use it.[/quote]

Sounds good to me, though I’m beginning getting used to Sublime. I finally decided to stop using TextMate.

I’m a front-end engineer so I believe that I can take care of this one, though I’m not that good with Python yet (I’m a Ruby Developer, shouldn’t be that hard I hope).

This would be great since that could mean that I could take Zen Coding functionality out of my SCSS (Sass) package.

Any chance you can point me out to some docs about how everything works on the current package? anything would help.

0 Likes

Sublimator,

I upgrade ZenCoding to current state and now ‘.’ and ‘#’ in html tags didn’t work. I try set “auto_id_class” : true, but nothing happens.

Maybe I doing something wrong or it is some bug?

0 Likes

I editing them in the zen-coding.sublime-settings, this part:

// If `true` will insert id="$1" snippet on pressing '#', similar on '.'
        // Useful for `raw html`, but annoying for some templating langs.
        "auto_id_class" : true

Yes, I think it’s ok.

0 Likes

Copy this settings to ‘User/Base File.sublime-settings’:

"File Settings" :       {
        // If `true` will disable ctrl+alt+n binding
        "alt_gr"        : false,
        // If `true` will insert id="$1" snippet on pressing '#', similar on '.'
        // Useful for `raw html`, but annoying for some templating langs.
        "auto_id_class" : true
    }

Nothing happens.

And for placing one space in css rules it must be added “filters”: “html,css,fc”?

"css": {
            "filters": "html,css,fc",
            "snippets": {
                "c": "color:#${1:000000};"
            }
        }

Not working for me :frowning:

0 Likes

Oh, now it works. It was needed copy to Base File only “auto_id_class”: true :smile:
Sublimator, thank you!

But how to enable ‘fc’ filter I not understand :frowning:

0 Likes

Thanks! :wink:

0 Likes

Output:

u'html,css,fc'

Yes, I have zen-settings.sublime-settings in User/
Both of zen-settings.sublime-settings is identical.

0 Likes

You right!

Now I understand how it works. Sorry for distraction.

0 Likes

hey, i was searching for class and ID thing, thanx a lot!

also a feedback. i discovered that when i wrap something with “enter haiku” [opn+shft+w], it corrupts the page encoding or maybe adds a hidden character somehow. my local php server displays a white page to me after i used that. i don’t know its directly related with zen coding snippet though.

0 Likes

Yup, Zen (and possibly just good ol’ ST2 in some contexts) has issues with PHP’s $ syntax sometimes, usually getting rid of the $ in the text or sometimes the whole variable, turning $this->property into ->property
It can be quite annoying actually, but I’ve kinda learnt to live with it as I’d expect the fix could be a very annoying one for you plugin devs!

0 Likes

Is it the latest version of Zen or Sublime that has stop press . or # when inside a tag inserting class="" or id=""?

0 Likes

Great thanks!

0 Likes

features “increment/decrement number by” have stopped working, why?

0 Likes

CTRL + ALT + ENTER are great tool, but on GIF video i can see they use a CSS SELECTOR,

What is the key binding for that?

0 Likes

Please help me!
where should I run this command $cd $PATH… etc?
should I innstall subversion system to do that?

0 Likes

sublimator, i want to add a href="" property when i press ~(tilde) key, how can i add that to zen-coding?

0 Likes

I am searching for hours but…

Is it possible to expand all abreviations (html and css) regardless the file you are in?

for example i want to expand div.title in a php file in an echo statement
or bd+ when writing style-“bd+ TAB”

is it possible and how?

0 Likes

Hi all,
I can not use tab to expand the css abbreviation in css, I don’t know why, but HTML is OK.
when I type fl then hit Tab, and it become fieldset, I think it should be float.
How can I fixed it?
and How to change the hotkey?

thank you.

0 Likes

:smiley: I am a new Sublimer. Absolutely Zen Coding here is so cool and I like it very much:D

0 Likes