Sublime Forum

SublimeText2: Magnificent Theme

Very nice.

Would it be possible for you to add it into Package Control please.

Thanks,
Mick

0 Likes

This is perhaps a dumb question, but should the colour scheme affect CSS file types? I find everything except CSS files are in the Magnificent colours.

0 Likes

Doesn’t work with Win7 x64

edit: I get the problem. I add it with Package Control and it was been created at Sublime-Magnificent-Theme folder.

0 Likes

It works fine for me.

0 Likes

Hi kuroir,

Are you making the assumption that the user has the Soda Light theme installed? I installed your Magnificent theme and now get this in the console:

found 1 files for base name Sublime Magnificent.sublime-theme
no image data
Unable to decode /Users/phillip/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Packages/Theme - Soda/Soda Light/overlay-background.png
no image data
Unable to decode /Users/phillip/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Packages/Theme - Soda/Soda Light/quick-panel-background.png
theme loaded

And, not surprisingly, when I bring up CMD-T/R, the wonky red striped “no image” image is used.

0 Likes

I don’t know, but why not just install the Soda theme, to see if it fixes the issue?

Magnificent works great for me, but then again I had Soda installed too.

0 Likes

[quote=“handycam”]I don’t know, but why not just install the Soda theme, to see if it fixes the issue?

Magnificent works great for me, but then again I had Soda installed too.[/quote]

I’m one of those that don’t like to install things that I don’t have to. Besides, when a person installs a widget, shouldn’t there be a reasonable expectation that everything that is needed by the widget is included with said widget? Unless, of course, specific dependencies are documented somewhere. But there is no mention in the installation instructions that an additional theme is necessary.

Seems like an simple oversight.

0 Likes

I agree.

But it would test the hypothesis.

0 Likes

[quote=“handycam”]I agree.

But it would test the hypothesis.[/quote]

Point taken. Soda installed. Hypothesis verified. :smile:

0 Likes

There you go. :wink:

I agree the author should list Soda as a dependency. As you said, it’s bad form not to.

0 Likes

I don’t mind. I even modified this theme to create a darker variant.

Also fixed the horizontal scrollbar background color.

Line 128:
    {
        "class": "scroll_bar_control",
        "attributes": "dark", "horizontal"],
        "layer0.texture": "Theme - Sublime Magnificent/scrollbars/normal_dark_bar_horizontal.png"
    },
    {
        "class": "scroll_corner_control",
        "layer0.texture": "Theme - Sublime Magnificent/scrollbars/normal_dark_bar_corner.png",
        "layer0.opacity": 1.0,
        "layer0.inner_margin": [1, 1]
    },

Sorry. Didn’t bother making a unified diff. Yes. Shame on me.
I don’t have git installed on windows atm.

0 Likes

I modified the Kuroir color scheme included with this theme to differentiate some tags more, and added more theme selectors for CSS, PHP, JS, JSON, and HTML

https://gist.github.com/2003357

0 Likes

Hey guys, thanks for all the feedback! I just came back home and I’m really pleased to see all this going on.

Yes, sadly I linked some files form Soda. I’m going to move them to the Magnificent theme and add some comments on how to install it from 0. I just wanted to release this to get this issue list going.

Please, if possible fork the project on GitHub, do changes and upload them! I’ll try to pull ASAP!

Thank you all,
I love the Sublime Community :smile:

0 Likes

[quote=“handycam”]I modified the Kuroir color scheme included with this theme to differentiate some tags more, and added more theme selectors for CSS, PHP, JS, JSON, and HTML

https://gist.github.com/2003357

[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2012-03-08 at 3.47.19 PM.jpg[/attachment][/quote]

Any chance you can do a fork to the Kuroir Theme and send a pull request? :smile:

0 Likes

[quote=“saivert”]I don’t mind. I even modified this theme to create a darker variant.

Also fixed the horizontal scrollbar background color.

Line 128:
    {
        "class": "scroll_bar_control",
        "attributes": "dark", "horizontal"],
        "layer0.texture": "Theme - Sublime Magnificent/scrollbars/normal_dark_bar_horizontal.png"
    },
    {
        "class": "scroll_corner_control",
        "layer0.texture": "Theme - Sublime Magnificent/scrollbars/normal_dark_bar_corner.png",
        "layer0.opacity": 1.0,
        "layer0.inner_margin": [1, 1]
    },

Sorry. Didn’t bother making a unified diff. Yes. Shame on me.
I don’t have git installed on windows atm.[/quote]

Thank you, going to try to implement it in a bit.

0 Likes

[quote=“kuroir”]
Any chance you can do a fork to the Kuroir Theme and send a pull request? :smile:[/quote]

Sure, how do I do that? I clicked Fork, and now I have a fork, but I can’t seem to send a pull request. I’m not a git expert… :wink:

0 Likes

[quote=“handycam”]

[quote=“kuroir”]
Any chance you can do a fork to the Kuroir Theme and send a pull request? :smile:[/quote]

Sure, how do I do that? I clicked Fork, and now I have a fork, but I can’t seem to send a pull request. I’m not a git expert… :wink:[/quote]

I’m not a github expert either, and have made only a couple pull requests to repos that I’ve forked, but I think you can only initiate a pull request from a commit that you’ve made to the fork. So after you fork it, commit your change, then via that commit you should be able to make a pull request to the repo you forked.

So it would go something like this:

• fork the repo
  • clone it locally
  • make your change
  • push change back to your fork on github
  • locate the commit in github
  • make pull request

And if any of that is less than accurate, someone please correct me.

0 Likes

I think I did it right.

https://github.com/smlombardi/TextMate-Kuroir-Theme

0 Likes

[quote=“handycam”]I think I did it right.

https://github.com/smlombardi/TextMate-Kuroir-Theme[/quote]

Looks like it. You’ll be a git(hub) expert before you know it!

:wink:

0 Likes

This theme looks great. Is there any chance of this being added to the package manager listings?

0 Likes