Sublime Forum

Thank you, you get it

I wanted to stop what I was doing (coding) and thank you. I just found this today, and of the myriad editors I’ve used in 15 years, this is absolutely the best. I’ve used text-wrangler, bbedit, ultra-edit, coda, notepad++ TextEdit, Notepad, Aptana, Eclipse, Netbeans and vi/cli. I spent maybe ten minutes exploring features and setting up the environment, I have to say I was emotionally moved when I opened up two HUGE mysql scripts, in two panes, effortlessly. I haven’t the cash right now, but as soon as I can I will register a licence, I belive you should be rewarded (not simply monetarily) for the polish and attention to detail that Sublime2 represents.

Again,
Thank you.

0 Likes

Yes I agree. I never thought I would pay for a text editor before because there are a myriad of good free editors out there. I used to use Notepad++ before because it had lots of functionality. But it always looked unfinished.
Even though Sublime Text 2 is in beta it is a more complete text editor than most everything out there today.
And it looks dead sexy!

0 Likes

Yes indeed, great piece of software. I’m using it on my Mac and my PC, works great. Never thought that this would be my first personally paid software :smiley:
Thanks!

0 Likes

I want to say thank you too. I’ve been coding with it for a couple weeks now on both Ubuntu and Windows platforms. It works great and looks great too! You guys really do get it. I just purchased Sublime Text 2. Thanks again and keep up the great work!

0 Likes

I also love the fact that he understand licensing, one license per person for everything on any OS.

I don’t think anyone wants
SublimeText Business and Home
SublimeText Academic
SublimeText Pro
SublimeText for Mac 2011
etc…

0 Likes

Just so everyone’s clear, Sublime Text is a one man show. There’s no team. It’s just one guy managing application development, bug reports, forum posts, everything.

0 Likes