Sublime Forum

Question: Find All From Multi-Select

Hi, just recently came across Sublime and I think it’s great. There’s a couple things I’m not sure how to do and I’m hoping someone can help me out, I’m not sure if the functionality I’m looking for is even in the program, but it seemed general enough to me that I thought they might be.

First, is there a way to use ‘find all’ multiple times and have all results from all finds selected at the same time? In other words, if I multi-select “his” and “hers”, is there a way to then find and multi-select all occurrences of both those words? Or even to find all occurences of one, and then do another find all on the other and add those results to the multi-select instead of having a new multi-selection with just the second word?

Second, if I have multiple selections on multiple lines, is there a function similar to “Expand Selection To Line” that instead of selecting the entirety of each line that had 1 or more selections on it, selects only enough of each line to have exactly 1 selection per line that contains everything that was previously multi-selected? In other words:

One Two Three Four Five
Six Seven Eight Nine Ten

If I multi-select “Two”, “Five”, “Seven”, and “Nine”, is there a way to then get a selection containing “Two Three Four Five” and “Seven Eight Nine”? Basically reducing multi-select to 1 per line but not necessarily the whole line.

If anyone can explain how to do either of these (hopefully without plugins if possible), I’d appreciate it.

0 Likes

You can use a regex (e.g., “his|hers”) or bookmarks to do the former (Bookmark the first set of results, then bookmark the second set of results, then select all bookmarks), but the second item would require writing a plugin

0 Likes