Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Syntax transform issues

Syntax transform issues

Postby ChadW on Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:49 am

I've developed several JSON-tmlanguage syntax definition files*, but now I've hit a snag; the AAAPackageDev JSON-to-tmlanguage build script is behaving oddly. I've perused the backing Python code, but can't find any explanation.

All my new syntax definitions won't build for one reason or another. I either get
Code: Select all
[Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified

or some complaint about the JSON not being well-formed (that's on another machine; don't have the exact complaint handy).
Even curiouser, the JSON format complaint issues even when I copy the text from an existing, building JSON-tmlanguage file. That is, old JSON-tm files still build and update; new ones go kaput.

Any ideas how to troubleshoot this?

* language highlights and snippets are a must for me, as I live out of three custom languages at work that can be rather dense. Three cheers each for John's liberal trial period and Guillermo's excellent package-fu.
ChadW

Re: Syntax transform issues

Postby ChadW on Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:22 pm

Also, should these kinds of things (package questions) go in the Tech Support subcategory? Support that wasn't directly ST seemed to fall in General, but I'm not sure that's optimal.
ChadW

Re: Syntax transform issues

Postby wbond on Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:51 pm

Since the forum has no notification system, and it is easy to write a topic that may not catch the eye of the developer who wrote the package you are having trouble with, I would recommend posting an issue on GitHub. Most of the package homepages can be found through the list of community packages (http://wbond.net/sublime_packages/community).

For AAAPackageDev I would recommend posting at https://github.com/SublimeText/AAAPackageDev/issues.
wbond

Return to General Discussion