Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

How To Duplicate a File to Another Dir

How To Duplicate a File to Another Dir

Postby thePenahi on Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:10 pm

Okay I want to have two directory for my files... Like this: have a shortcut key to save a file and duplicate it to another directory too.
Why I want this is because when edit my php files in my usb flash drive and I want see how it looks like. it would duplicate(and replace existing one) the file to the Xampp directory so I can preview it in my browser so I would not have to every time goto explorer and duplicate it from there. And I don't want this to happen every file I save some file like some of the plugins do when I searched for it.[hopefully u get what I mean :| ]

So do you have any idea how to do plugin or some kind of settings edit to do this(or something similar at least)?
thePenahi

Re: How To Duplicate a File to Another Dir

Postby atomi on Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:19 pm

thePenahi wrote:Okay I want to have two directory for my files... Like this: have a shortcut key to save a file and duplicate it to another directory too.
Why I want this is because when edit my php files in my usb flash drive and I want see how it looks like. it would duplicate(and replace existing one) the file to the Xampp directory so I can preview it in my browser so I would not have to every time goto explorer and duplicate it from there. And I don't want this to happen every file I save some file like some of the plugins do when I searched for it.[hopefully u get what I mean :| ]

So do you have any idea how to do plugin or some kind of settings edit to do this(or something similar at least)?

Use symbolic link (soft link).
atomi

Return to General Discussion