Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Nightly Build 2192

Nightly Build 2192

Postby jps on Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:28 pm

Nightly Build 2192 is out now.

Directory scanning on Windows has been improved, making use of inodes (aka File IDs on win32) to better determine when a directory has been seen before. This fixes scanning of folder trees with identical sub folders, but keep in mind that file ids may not be available in all scenarios, such as via samba shares. This same logic has always been in use on Linux and OS X.

File change monitoring has been improved on OS X, where FSEvents doesn't natively follow through symlinks, so previously any folders accessed through symlinks wouldn't be monitored for changes. Symlinks should no longer cause any issues on OS X.
jps
Site Admin

Re: Nightly Build 2192

Postby sublimator on Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:47 pm

garrrrrn, write a blog post on cross platform development would ya

what's your process?
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt
sublimator

Postby peppy on Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:19 pm

I was really excited, hoping my settings would finally get real-time updates on OS X, but it seems to not yet be the case.

Code: Select all
pbp ~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2 $ ls -la
drwxr-xr-x+   9 peppy  staff    306 24 Aug  2011 .
drwx------+ 119 peppy  staff   4046 29 Mar 13:43 ..
-rw-r--r--@   1 peppy  staff  12292 15 Mar 15:29 .DS_Store
drwxr-xr-x   16 peppy  staff    544  1 Apr 23:11 Backup
drwxr-xr-x    2 peppy  staff     68 29 Mar 16:17 Installed Packages
lrwxr-xr-x    1 peppy  staff     47 27 Jul  2011 Packages -> /Users/peppy/Dropbox/Apps/Sublime/Data/Packages
drwxr-xr-x+  51 peppy  staff   1734 27 Jul  2011 Packages-local
drwxr-xr-x+  50 peppy  staff   1700 25 Mar 23:36 Pristine Packages
drwxr-xr-x+   5 peppy  staff    170  1 Apr 23:12 Settings

Should this be working now, or are the monitor events only in relation to projects? Would be really nice to have this fixed :).
peppy

Postby quarnster on Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:30 pm

Minor issue (not specific to this version, but still reproducible in this version):

In my SublimeGDB plugin I have a magic view that basically implements a tree widget. To expand a branch I save the viewport position, clear the view, insert all the lines and then set the viewport position. However setting the viewport position doesn't perform as expected and the viewport ends up near the top of the tree every time. If I however do a call to viewport_extent just before setting the viewport position, it works just fine. Since I'm setting the same viewport position as was set before clearing and adding new lines, maybe the view thinks it's already at that position or something? In any case I have a work around so I'm good.
quarnster

Postby weslly on Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:06 pm

totally off topic but where is that april fools thread about sublime going open source? :mrgreen:
weslly

Postby jquinhones on Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:37 am

weslly wrote:totally off topic but where is that april fools thread about sublime going open source? :mrgreen:

I've heard Sublime Text has been sold to Microsoft and it will be the default text editor in Windows 8! :o
jquinhones

Postby jps on Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:37 pm

peppy wrote:I was really excited, hoping my settings would finally get real-time updates on OS X, but it seems to not yet be the case.

Top level directories (as Packages is in how its used) as symlinks won't be scanned correctly. I'll change this for the next build.

weslly wrote:totally off topic but where is that april fools thread about sublime going open source?

I deleted it because of the likelihood of it causing confusion, especially with the poster impersonating my username. Also, I have a personal vendetta against april fools day :)

castles_made_of_sand wrote:garrrrrn, write a blog post on cross platform development would ya

I'm not sure how much there is to say about it: Sublime Text is basically an everyday C++ application, compiled with MSVC on Windows and GCC on Linux and OS X. I use premake to generate Makefiles for the different platforms.
jps
Site Admin

Postby sublimator on Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:54 pm

jps wrote:I'm not sure how much there is to say about it: Sublime Text is basically an everyday C++ application, compiled with MSVC on Windows and GCC on Linux and OS X. I use premake to generate Makefiles for the different platforms.

Shit's a PITA, with subtle, yet potentially profound differences between OSs. So what's the general strategy for dealing with that?

When developing, would you prototype on your favoured, most productive platform and then test on other platforms once an idea/feature is proven and/or complete?

In any given 10 minute block of time have you used more than one operating sytem?

Do you trigger builds/test suites for different operatings systems concurrently?

Do you use virtual machines?

jps wrote:Also, I have a personal vendetta against april fools day :)

Doesn't suffer fools. Period.
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt
sublimator

Postby nick. on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:09 pm

Jon, saw the changes in this build about directory scanning and immediately thought of this thread. Before the update I was seeing all folders in the project expand as expected; after the update I'm having the issues described in the link, but at inconsistent levels (eg, less than 6 deep).

I have a suspicion that this may have something to do with switching from wireless to ethernet when the project includes folders in a remote Samba share. Restarting Sublime does not fix the issue, but restarting the computer does, so it might be a credentialing thing. What do you think?
nick.

Postby jps on Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:03 am

Nick: The end of your comment implies it's working for you now. Is this the case? If not, can you provide some details:
* Your OS, plus the directory you're trying to access: is it local or remote? If remote, what OS is it being hosted on? What file system is it using?
* Does the directory tree include symlinks?
jps
Site Admin

Next

Return to General Discussion