Sublime Forum

Why did i gave up!

SublimeText is GREAT, fast and good looking editor BUT:

1. Cut/Copy files, move files etc is missing
  2. In order to have sftp/SVN etc support i need to buy third party plugins.
  3. Need icons next to file names in order to easily, visually distinguish files and folders.
  4. Poor docs…

:frowning: I’m so so so so sorry for all this :frowning: i really like other features and i would really like it to be 100% packed so that i can buy WEB DEV version with all i need.

0 Likes

Okay. Thanks for the heads up.

0 Likes

[quote=“nardev”]SublimeText is GREAT, fast and good looking editor BUT:

1. Cut/Copy files, move files etc is missing
  2. In order to have sftp/SVN etc support i need to buy third party plugins.
  3. Need icons next to file names in order to easily, visually distinguish files and folders.
  4. Poor docs…

:frowning: I’m so so so so sorry for all this :frowning: i really like other features and i would really like it to be 100% packed so that i can buy WEB DEV version with all i need.[/quote]

Considering this is a text editor not an IDE you’re not going to get what you want.

1. What do you mean cut/copy files and moving files is missing? Use the sidebar, you can move, copy, cut etc all from there.
  2. ST2 is a text editor, not an SFTP/SVN client.
  3. Use the sidebar, you won’t need icons then you’ll see your folder structure.
  4. The documentation isn’t poor at all, it’s in development, there’s also the community documentation available.

I do web development using ST2 as my main editor, it isn’t going to be packed, it’s an extensible text editor, just use package manager and make ST2 the editor you want to use. Hell if you don’t see a feature you want, code it. The plugin API is really awesome.

0 Likes

I really like ST2 and will probably buy it…there is only one small glitch - at the moment it cannot fully reply (g)vim which I, among other things, use as ‘external editor’ in my (Claws) mailer.

I did submit feature request (sublimetext.userecho.com/topic/9 … cent-docs/) and there is even 1 vote for it, but it’s not certain it’s going to be implemented, so I wonder if such things could be done via plugin (that’s Python, right)?

What do you think?

Sincerely,
Gour

0 Likes

A lot can be done via the API but there are still limits to what we can add/change through the API.

1 Like