Sublime Forum

Nightly Build 2193

Nightly Build 2193 is out now.

The Windows installer is now signed, meaning you get a nice blue warning screen rather than a slightly sterner orange one when launching it. Some corporate PCs are setup to only allow signed software to be installed, so this will make those users lives a little easier.

It’s also possible for themes to target folders in the side bar, which is used by the new bold_folder_labels setting.

0 Likes

Great! Thanks.

0 Likes

Not sure if the directory scanning changes you mention were supposed to fix the symlink packages update bug, but I can report that it is still not live-updating for me (as per my post in the last nightly thread). Tested using Settings Default/User.

0 Likes

Just had sublime crash while it was sitting in the background. Is the third time it has crashed recently, so I figured I should report it :).

crash: gist.github.com/2337981
when i went to gist the crash using sublime (after opening it again), it crashed a second time: gist.github.com/2337984

0 Likes

This may not be the best place to ask, but is there an estimate when the spellchecker issues in regard to special characters will be addressed? (Recap: words that contain special characters, such as the German umlauts, will be marked as incorrect even if they are correct.) This currently prevents me from using the editor when localizing code/strings, even though it is otherwise very well suited for the task.

0 Likes

Here’s a fun bug:

After some sequence of editing operations (unable to trigger this reliably) I cannot move the caret anymore.
The line highlight still moves and characters are inserted into the right place (on the line where the highlight is),
but the blinking caret beam doesn’t. When I re-focus the ST2 window (or if Vintage toggles between Insert mode and Command mode)
the visual carets position is updated once.

I got into this state two times today. I can no longer quit the editor (neither using Ctrl-Q nor through the menu) when
this happens.

0 Likes

[quote=“fjl”]Here’s a fun bug:

After some sequence of editing operations (unable to trigger this reliably) I cannot move the caret anymore.
The line highlight still moves and characters are inserted into the right place (on the line where the highlight is),
but the blinking caret beam doesn’t. When I re-focus the ST2 window (or if Vintage toggles between Insert mode and Command mode)
the visual carets position is updated once.

I got into this state two times today. I can no longer quit the editor (neither using Ctrl-Q nor through the menu) when
this happens.[/quote]

I think I already had this kind of behavior, but it’s not caused by a bug of ST2, but a bug in a plugin.
It was caused by a plugin calling:

edit = self.view.begin_edit('toto')

without calling:

self.view.end_edit(edit)

This is why this code must be enclosed in a try: finally:

If I remember well, there was a message in the console that tell you the end_edit was not called.

0 Likes

I’m getting very similar issues to peppy, but mines incredibly consistent.

If I do a paste and indent, (CMD+shift+v) in javascript, between a parenthesis, it will hang and crash, but also corrupt the session so that I need to delete the Sublme session file (otherwise, when I restart, it keeps crashing on start, and always a segmentation fault).

0 Likes

@bizoo: I have removed most of the packages that were installed but it still happens sometimes.
The console does not show any unusual output.

The issue of not being able to quit ST2 seems unrelated to this, but must have been introduced in one of the last builds.
I’ve not been able to quit without the caret movement issue appearing a few times since I wrote the last post.

0 Likes

[quote=“fjl”]@bizoo: I have removed most of the packages that were installed but it still happens sometimes.
The console does not show any unusual output.[/quote]

The message in the console is:

Warning: finish not called
0 Likes

@bizoo: thanks, I checked and this message is not displayed. The only message being displayed is “Writing file … with encoding …”.

0 Likes

I had a crash yesterday while Sublime was sitting in the background, first day on the nightly stream.

Crash report: dl.dropbox.com/u/20745980/Sublim … 122251.txt

And another crash today while trying to Wrap Selection With Tag: dl.dropbox.com/u/20745980/Sublim … 152102.txt

Going back to dev for now.

0 Likes

Yeah, this build is really crashy on Mac OS. A few devs on my team reported the same thing.

0 Likes

brad: If you are seeing a crash, please send the crash report to support@sublimetext.com, or post it on the forum as the above posters have done.

Please also report if you have any plugins installed.

0 Likes

Nate: Are you able to email me the file where this is happening, or alternatively, let me know if it still happens with a fresh install (sublimetext.com/docs/2/revert.html, but move the data directory rather than delete it)

0 Likes