Sublime Forum

Defaults for SublimeText

How I do to set the…
Default Extension” so if I open -> type something fast -> save fast - the file will not be extensionless, I can set it to “.txt”, by example.
Default Save Folder” so in the case above the fiel will be save on Documents folder (by example) or Desktop, etc.

How I do to whenever I open SublimeText, it already remember the last opened files (cool) , but TOO create a new blank file, and let the new blank file tab selected?
Just clarifying, let’s say that I close ST2 with 3 files opened. When I reopen, ST2 will reopen the 3 files (nice!). But I wish an option where when I reopen, it will reopen that 3 files, but the tab focus will be on a new blank file tab. It’s because 90% of times I will open ST2 to create new files.

And finally, can you place an optional “new tab plus icon”, so I can create a new tab (blank file) without go to menu->new file or ctrl+N?

Thank you very much and Congratulations for the nice software!

0 Likes

This is in package control I’m not sure how well it works I don’t use it: github.com/spadgos/sublime-DefaultFileType

If you take a look at the Default folder in the Data/Packages folder (toolbar > preferences > browse packages…) you will see a file called new_templates.py
You can create your own file like this and bind your own new template commands to the ctrl+n key or any other key combination you choose.

As for having a new file created on Sublime start, I would really recommend you use your operating system for that. I know in Windows you can add a template that will show up under the Windows context menu (right-click > new) superuser.com/questions/34704/wi … ntext-menu

I’m mostly indifferent about the tab so I’ll only say that I’d really rather not use my mouse when coding.

0 Likes

[quote=“ZeroClick”]And finally, can you place an optional “new tab plus icon”, so I can create a new tab (blank file) without go to menu->new file or ctrl+N?
[/quote]

Build 2190
Release Date: 21 March 2012
Double clicking in the tab header area will create a new tab

Note that 2190 is/was a dev build and the functionality it added is not yet available in the stable beta, the last one being

Build 2181
Release Date: 22 February 2012

0 Likes