Sublime Forum

Zencoding adds another <

Hey!

When I’m typing HTML and I want a form I write and then a dropdown pops up and you can select form. This is great because it will automatically create a closing tag. But once I use this technique with Zencoding enabled I get another < tag. Like this:

<

Any way to disable this? it’s really annoying.
Thanks!

0 Likes

I’m seeing the same thing. It looks like this has already been reported on the Sublime 2 ZenCoding project site:

https://bitbucket.org/sublimator/sublime-2-zencoding/issue/17/extra

The advice given there is to just type form and hit Tab, which works just fine, but this is certainly something that could/should be fixed.

0 Likes

At the risk of sounding antagonistic, it’s more a case of people being uneducated as to how Sublime works. The issue is caused by a setting that triggers the autocompletion dialog on pressing <
The standard html completions don’t insert the leading <: (“a\tTag”, “a href=”$1">$2"),

When Zen was wrote, Sublime didn’t have this behaviour. It actually monkeypatches the default html completions to remove them. It might be that this behaviour will have to removed also on Zen installation.

[pre=#0C1021]// Controls what scopes auto complete will be triggered in
“auto_complete_selector”: “source - comment”,

// Additional situations to trigger auto complete
"auto_complete_triggers":  {"selector": "text.html", "characters": "<"} ],

[/pre]

Above is the default settings. The following is what I personally use (set in User/HTML.sublime-settings), with the autocomplete popup triggered without need for typing a leading <:

[pre=#0C1021]“auto_id_class”: true,
“auto_complete_selector”: “source - comment, text.html”,[/pre]

This will show completions as you type, which really helps make things more predictable. You could also just set: "auto_complete_triggers": ],

I ported Zen to sublime but the problem is I just don’t use ZenCoding day to day enough to give it the attention it deserves. There’s 20, 000+ people using it but I’m expected to be the sole maintainer?

I’ve got a half finished new release in the works from a few months back: zencoding.akalias.net/releases/1.6.0a.html

I planned on doing donation ware to fund some much needed improvements but in the end decided I didn’t want to be obliged to work on something if only a handful of people contributed.

That being said I hope to spend some time on it in the next few weeks.

0 Likes

[quote=“castles_made_of_sand”]

At the risk of sounding antagonistic, it’s more a case of people being uneducated as to how Sublime works. The issue is caused by a setting that triggers the autocompletion dialog on pressing <
The standard html completions don’t insert the leading <: (“a\tTag”, “a href=”$1">$2"),

When Zen was wrote, Sublime didn’t have this behaviour. It actually monkeypatches the default html completions to remove them. It might be that this behaviour will have to removed also on Zen installation.

[pre=#0C1021]// Controls what scopes auto complete will be triggered in
“auto_complete_selector”: “source - comment”,

// Additional situations to trigger auto complete
"auto_complete_triggers":  {"selector": "text.html", "characters": "<"} ],

[/pre]

Above is the default settings. The following is what I personally use (set in User/HTML.sublime-settings), with the autocomplete popup triggered without need for typing a leading <:

[pre=#0C1021]“auto_id_class”: true,
“auto_complete_selector”: “source - comment, text.html”,[/pre]

This will show completions as you type, which really helps make things more predictable. You could also just set: "auto_complete_triggers": ],

I ported Zen to sublime but the problem is I just don’t use ZenCoding day to day enough to give it the attention it deserves. There’s 20, 000+ people using it but I’m expected to be the sole maintainer?

I’ve got a half finished new release in the works from a few months back: zencoding.akalias.net/releases/1.6.0a.html

I planned on doing donation ware to fund some much needed improvements but in the end decided I didn’t want to be obliged to work on something if only a handful of people contributed.

That being said I hope to spend some time on it in the next few weeks.[/quote]

I’ve got some free time, I’ll take a look at the code and see where I could make improvements. :smile:

0 Likes

Lots of issues open: bitbucket.org/sublimator/sublim … tatus=open

Tear it up

0 Likes