Sublime Forum

Deprecated addons

Is there a list of deprecated addons, since as development goes along it seems like features that were previously added via addons are now being added to the main program. I’m curious whether anyone knows which addons have become redundant.

0 Likes

Will the "Package Manger" become a core feature in ST2?

+1, I want to know this as well…
I always like to try addons out… keeping the good ones and uninstalling the unsatisfying ones…
some of them that I kept might have become redundant I guess.

0 Likes

I’ve had the intention for a while to create a detail page for packages on the Community Packages list that will allow users to leave comments, in addition to some other things. This could potentially help the issue raised here.

Unfortunately I’ve run into the issue that my various obligations to work, family and the few different open source projects I run has left me with little free time to explore new functionality. Perhaps in the next month or so I can work on getting the community package site onto github so that others can contribute.

0 Likes

Any way of finding out about deprecated plugins would rock. For instance, I noticed that highlighting words has been added, and I was using a plugin for this. Now I have a plugin that’s not adding anything. Any way this could be conveyed would be amazing. I know this is true of a lot of features/plugins.

0 Likes

If you have so many plugins, you could just install a fresh version of sublime, and whenever you come across a feature you miss, just install it. Anything you have left lying around, you can just discard. @wbond, some sort of commenting or rating system would be awesome, especially with so many duplicates entering package control.

0 Likes