Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Nightly Build 2204

Nightly Build 2204

Postby jps on Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:39 pm

Nightly Build 2204 is out now, with a collection of miscellaneous improvements before 2.0 goes out the door. There are a few things that could do with some testing if you've got the time:

* Auto complete window placement on multi-monitor linux systems. I haven't had much luck getting a multi-monitor linux box setup, so this is untested as of yet. Specifically, when showing the auto complete popup, it should no longer appear off screen: if there's not enough space below the caret to fit the popup, it'll now be shown above the caret instead. I'd like to verify that this logic is working on both monitors of a multi-monitor linux box.

* Code folding gutter arrows (but not anything else related to code folding). There were some issues with the placement of these buttons in previous builds when used in conjunction with ad-hoc fold regions, as created via the Edit/Code Folding/Fold command. This should be resolved now, please let me know if it isn't.
jps
Site Admin

Re: Nightly Build 2204

Postby facelessuser on Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:05 pm

Before release I was curious if you were going to address the issues of when a tab is pulled off a window onto a new monitor, the window is sometimes rendered off screen? This is on Windows that I have seen this issue. This is a very annoying usability issue for Windows users.
facelessuser

Postby jps on Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:07 pm

facelessuser wrote:Before release I was curious if you were going to address the issues of when a tab is pulled off a window onto a new monitor, the window is sometimes rendered off screen? This is on Windows that I have seen this issue. This is a very annoying usability issue for Windows users.

The only way I've seen to replicate that is by dragging the tab to the very top of the screen, and releasing the mouse button there. That would create the titlebar off screen, however this no longer happens as of 2199 (or 2204 for multi monitor systems).
jps
Site Admin

Postby quarnster on Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:29 pm

The code folding is crashing for me.

To reproduce save this as a new plugin, it'll fold up the code. The crash happens when I move the cursor over the gutter when at the end of the file.
quarnster

Postby jps on Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:08 pm

Thanks for the repro - fixed now in 2205
jps
Site Admin

Postby facelessuser on Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:32 pm

jps wrote:
facelessuser wrote:Before release I was curious if you were going to address the issues of when a tab is pulled off a window onto a new monitor, the window is sometimes rendered off screen? This is on Windows that I have seen this issue. This is a very annoying usability issue for Windows users.

The only way I've seen to replicate that is by dragging the tab to the very top of the screen, and releasing the mouse button there. That would create the titlebar off screen, however this no longer happens as of 2199 (or 2204 for multi monitor systems).

I use the nightly ones and I have this issue all the time. I just drop and release somewhere in the middle. It doesn't happen all the time, but frequent enough to cause a lot of frustration.
facelessuser

Postby jps on Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:46 pm

facelessuser wrote:I use the nightly ones and I have this issue all the time. I just drop and release somewhere in the middle. It doesn't happen all the time, but frequent enough to cause a lot of frustration.

Do you have multiple monitors?
jps
Site Admin

Postby quarnster on Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:34 pm

jps wrote:Thanks for the repro - fixed now in 2205

Indeed it is, thanks! :)
quarnster

Postby facelessuser on Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:43 pm

jps wrote:
facelessuser wrote:I use the nightly ones and I have this issue all the time. I just drop and release somewhere in the middle. It doesn't happen all the time, but frequent enough to cause a lot of frustration.

Do you have multiple monitors?

Yes. And this issue occurs when dragging tab to a different monitor.
facelessuser

Postby quarnster on Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:17 pm

Another regression in 2205:

1. Open up the python console.
2. Drag the view/console separator up to half the height of the Sublime Text 2 window.
3. Set the cursor on the last visible line in the view, not necessarily the last line in the buffer, just the last visible line so that the autocompletion box will extend out over the python console.
4. Hit ctrl+space. The autocompletion window closes immediately.
quarnster

Next

Return to General Discussion