Sublime Forum

Website Refresh

As you may have noticed, the website has received a refresh, primarily on the front page. Thanks to all who commented on the preview, and especially Will Bond for his assistance.

Please let me know if anything’s broken for you.

0 Likes

Looks way better than before, good job.
I have to manually reload every page to have the new content.

Isn’t the web browser notice by itself that the pages changed and do it automatically (no, I’m not a web guy :blush:) ?
Or is it something missing in the http header ?

0 Likes

I’m not sure why the reloading needs to be done, but it’s something that people run into each time there’s a new build - there’s always at least one person who complains that the download page hasn’t been updated, as they haven’t hit the reload button.

As far as I’m aware the cache related headers are ok: no Cache-Control headers are sent from the server, but a Last-Modified one is. I’d be happy for someone with more experience to chime in here. My backup plan is to move to an etag based system, rather than a date one, but my hunch is that the lack of a Cache-Control header may be the issue.

0 Likes

Just hit CTRL+F5 a couple of times. Usually does the job.

@Jon, the theme looks much better. I thought that the forum had changed, but I’ve only just got to work so not quite awake yet. The forum header should match the website one though. Consistency :smile:

Also, the font is a tad small.

0 Likes