Sublime Forum

Things I miss from Textmate

I am using Textmate for years right now and switched this week to Sublime Text because of the great reviews and because there a no Textmate updates that much any more.

Now I switched I am missing some little things from Textmate but I hope some people can help me and maybe this features are available in Sublime Text but I can’t find them

The “missing” List

• Quick Fold/Unfold piece of HTML code
  • Move text selection (words) with keyboard shortcut, I only got it working moving a whole line up/down
  • Fixing indentation quick when I copied some ugly code
  • Drag & Drop images from the sidebar in my code or some easy img path completion in HTML & CSS files
  • In text I selected some text and then with alt I could get the cursor in front of that selection, don’t get that working just with keyboard shortcuts

That’s all I think right now…

0 Likes

1. Edit > Code Folding > Fold (option+command+)
  2. Not possible by default but I’m sure there’s a plugin for it (Check Package Control)
  3. In your user keybindings, add: { "keys": "super+shift+v"], "command": "paste" }, { "keys": "super+v"], "command": "paste_and_indent" }
  4. While you can’t do this exactly, you can use AutoFileName (which IMO is faster)
  5. Could you go into more detail on this? I don’t understand what you’re looking for.
0 Likes

[quote=“C0D312”]1. Edit > Code Folding > Fold (option+command+)
2. Not possible by default but I’m sure there’s a plugin for it (Check Package Control)
3. In your user keybindings, add: { "keys": "super+shift+v"], "command": "paste" }, { "keys": "super+v"], "command": "paste_and_indent" }
4. While you can’t do this exactly, you can use AutoFileName (which IMO is faster)
5. Could you go into more detail on this? I don’t understand what you’re looking for.[/quote]

1. Code folding is working a little but different it folds the parent of the element where your cursor is, that made me confused.
  2. I searched but couldn’t find it…
  3. Thanks!
  4. AutoFileName installed and it works almost good, but leave that for now
  5. I found it with command + shift + L
0 Likes

The following plugin sounds close to what you’re asking:
github.com/colinta/SublimeMoveText

(But I haven’t used Textmate, so I may be wrong.)

0 Likes

I’d love to be able to drag images, css & js files into html markup. I work doing front-end web stuff, and need to do this sort of thing a lot - I find myself quickly switching to Textmate to do this sort of thing.

0 Likes

@reg I haven’t used it, but I’ve been meaning to try github.com/BoundInCode/AutoFileName which is an attempt to handle this sort of thing.

Hope this helps,
Alex

0 Likes

Is there anyway to duplicate the TextMate “shift+ctrl+<” to create open/close tags, that are tab-through to overwrite, then tabs in between and indented?

0 Likes

Thank you very much @IschaGast! I have been looking for that “selection to multiple carets” shortcut for a long time! I now see that in Sublime it is called “split_selection_into_lines” and is invoked with cmd+shift+L.

However it still isn’t the same as the “alt” key binding in Textmate, because it keeps the lines selected. This means that any subsequent insertion will delete the selected lines. Did you find a shortcut that exactly matches “alt” in Textmate? Or maybe a way to deselect the selected lines?

Thanks,
Guido

0 Likes