Sublime Forum

What theme/color scheme is this?

Wondering if anyone can help me out with identifying the theme/color scheme that Paul Irish used in his Google I/O talk

video: http://youtu.be/Mk-tFn2Ix6g?t=7m55s

Specifically, he has italics for selector names, var declarations, etc and I would love to emulate that myself, but I’m quite sure how to do that. If it’s a theme that can just be dropped in, that’s even better. If anyone knows what font he’s using to, please let me know.

Thanks!

• Matt
0 Likes

It looks like the default theme, Monokai, with a font that supports italics. Since he’s on OS X, I’m going to hazard a guess and say Menlo, but I could be wrong. I haven’t used Menlo myself, but the freely available Meslo (which is derived from it) supports italic and bold, as does Consolas in Windows and Liberatio Mono in Linux (among many others).

Hope this helps,
Alex

0 Likes

EDIT: Got it! - I guess just restarting ST2 did the trick and now it works! :smile:

0 Likes

Monokai styles various scopes with italics out-of-the-box. It’s a case of using a monospaced font that comes with an italic. Many otherwise excellent monospaced fonts, such as Inconsolata, do not come equipped with such.

(You haven’t mentioned what OS you are, but Linux in particular “fakes” italics and bolds when they are not available. Sublime will have none of that. You will need to use a font that provides a real italic—as I found out the hard way with Droid Mono.)

In my previous post I mentioned three fonts that are freely (or almost freely, in the case of Consolas) available that actually support italic.

0 Likes