Sublime Forum

Where to keep projects files on MAC OS X and where are files

Hi,

I am long time Windows user. Now just bought my first Mac and starting slowly switching to it. On my Windows PC I have installed ST2 as standalone in my user folder. Inside it there are all ST2 files and “Data” folder with all my packages etc. and “Pristine package” folder with other ST2 files. In main ST2 folder I created “Projects” folder and keep in it all my projects setting files (I mean *.sublime-project files). How I should organizing it in OS X? Where to move folder with project setting files form PC to Mac?

Additionally in main ST2 folder inside “/Data/Package/” I created folder with my own *sublime-completions and *.sublime-snippet files how to have access to from finder? I know I can access trough ST2 menu->Preferences->Browse Packages but how to access it via file manager?

Thank you with advance
ArekS

0 Likes

open finder
hold option, and click ‘Go’ in task bar
click ‘Library’
then ‘Application Support’ -> ‘Sublime Text 2’

0 Likes

Thank you! It is what I was looking for.

Back to first question, where I should place my project setting files? When I open ST2, add folder to project and then try saving it dialog “Save as” is opening but when I try save file it say “Unable to write workspace / test.sublime-workspace”. So it looks like ST2 have not needed privileges to save it in default (I do not know which one is it) folder. Can you support me where I should write all mu project/workspace files because in whatever place in my users/USERNAME/ folder I am trying to save or creating new folder it say “This location is read only”? What I am doing wrong. From Finder I can save files/creating folders without problem. Problem is only if I am trying save it from Project/Save As dialog in ST2. Maybe it is something wrong with my ST2 installation?

Best wishes
ArekS

0 Likes