Sublime Forum

Beginners Question : Sublime and Lisp

Hello all, I bought Sublime Text a couple of days ago due to it’s built in Haskell functionality and am trying to add the (existing) Lisp package to the Build system. I have downloaded and installed clisp but am stuck from here. Is there anyone out there writing lisp from within sublime text? I have the hello world code all ready to go!

Thanks in advance.

Wayne

0 Likes

Here is what I have so far

1. The Gnu Common Lisp Compiler gcl.exe is in the root directory c:.
  2. HelloWorld.lsp is in the same location and consists of nothing but
    (print (+ 1 1))
  3. C:\ is set in my path
  4. The lisp.sublime-build file is
    ** {
    “cmd”: “gcl.exe (load $file)”]
    }**

And the error I get is

[Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified
[cmd: [u’gcl.exe (load C:\\HelloWorld.lsp)’]]
[dir: C:]

Any ideas? I cannot make it any simpler. The gcl interpreter works fine from the command prompt and loads and runs the file using exactly the command I have put in the build file. I have been at this for 5 hours, mucking around with eclipse and emacs as well! I really want to make this work in sublime to justify the 60 dollars it cost me 2 days ago!

0 Likes

To hell with it. Lispbox for lisp and sublime text for haskell till I get motivated enough to try again. I will just have to become an emacs guru. :frowning:

0 Likes

[quote=“wjmcdermott”] The gcl interpreter works fine from the command prompt and loads and runs the file using exactly the command I have put in the build file.
[/quote]

gcl does not work but common lisp does!
{
“cmd”: “c:/bin/clisp-2.49/clisp.exe”, “$file”]
}

Gives me the lisp interpreter from F7. I’m back in business. I think I will still muck around with emacs though (more for street cred than anything else).

0 Likes

Maybe the obvious:

does gcl.exe get resolved from the command prompt (i.e. is your PATH set up)? You use a full path for the clisp executable and not for gcl, hence I wonder.

0 Likes

[quote=“asmodai”]Maybe the obvious:

does gcl.exe get resolved from the command prompt (i.e. is your PATH set up)? You use a full path for the clisp executable and not for gcl, hence I wonder.[/quote]

Hello Asmodo, I have gcl.exe sitting in the root directory (c:/) so that is the full path. Nevertheless, it probably is some issue with the PATH variable … but I don’t have to worry about it now. :smile:

0 Likes

I have found an even better combination … Eclipse and Clojure. It “just works” right out of the box. I am still going to have to come up with some way of justifying this 60 bucks though … maybe Sublime Text can hook into Eclipse and replace the editor??

0 Likes