Sublime Forum

20091108 Beta

20091108 is out, some of the changes:

* The selection rendering now looks the same in OpenGL as in does in Direct3D: no more wonky borders
* Home/end can now be configured to go directly to the first and last character of the actual line, ignoring any leading whitespace and word wrapping.
* Toggle comment is friendlier, it will not increase the comment level on the selected text unless every line is commented.
* No more infinite repeat from holding down Ctrl+Y for redo: if the buffer was last modified via a redo, then Ctrl+Y won't act as repeat.
* Fixed a few loose ends with key bindings

There’s also a few new bits in the API. There are view methods setStatus(key, value), getStatus(key) and eraseStatus(key). These can be used to show persistent information on the status bar for the current view. For example:

view.setStatus('wordCount', '103 words')

The values are all listed in the status bar in a comma separated fashion (ordered by key). The keys exist so that different plugins can add their own status independently.

0 Likes

Hm, can’t download new beta. Link is broken.

0 Likes

gah, fixed now

0 Likes

when using --opengl, the experience is much slower when scrolling

0 Likes

regarding the 1.5 sec timeout, there is a bug with the order the key binding are loaded.

this works as expected:

<binding key="s,p" command="openFileInProject"><context name="option" value="ctrlMode"/></binding> <binding key="s,p,r" command="scanProject"><context name="option" value="ctrlMode"/></binding>

the following not (s,p will always evaluate first):

<binding key="s,p,r" command="scanProject"><context name="option" value="ctrlMode"/></binding> <binding key="s,p" command="openFileInProject"><context name="option" value="ctrlMode"/></binding>

0 Likes

The update dialog misspells “available”, at least it did in the 20091029 beta. Also, the beta page lists that beta as the latest. I just guessed the expected url to download 20091108.

0 Likes

vim: that’s as designed, the key binding defined later overrides the one defined earlier

0 Likes

cuehara: It’s there, you’ll just need to reload the page. Thanks for letting me know re: misspelling.

0 Likes

i don’t see the logic of it :s

if it is on my keybinding then i can manage it, but what if the shorter version is of some package that was loaded before me? does it eclipse all the other combinations? or am i missing something?

0 Likes

The last loaded key binding has priority, so you only have to worry if another package was loaded after you. Nick has more details on at sublime.akalias.net/gettingstart … y-bindings

0 Likes

Jon, when I selectLines ±1, the view does not scroll when the cursor goes off the screen. I don’t remember if it did in previous versions.

0 Likes