Sublime Forum

Trouble applying Soda theme

Hello,-

a quick question about themes in ST2:

I’ve installed the Soda Theme using the Package Control in Sublime Text 2, then activated it via Preferences -> Settings - User. However it doesn’t get applied. Instead my theme now is Solarized, which is declared at the top of my Preferences.sublime-settings file (line 3):

gist.github.com/3142977

When I query the console for the theme, the output is correct:

view.settings().get(‘theme’)
u’Soda Light.sublime-theme’

This is correct, as well:

view.settings().get(‘color_scheme’)
u’Packages/Color Scheme - Default/Solarized (Light).tmTheme’

Why do I see the Solarized theme and not Soda?

Thanks!

0 Likes

theme != color_scheme

Theme controls tabs, sidebar, buttons, etc.
Colorscheme controls colors inside buffer.

0 Likes

To add a little detail to what C0D312 said: the Soda colour schemes are not bundled with the Soda theme. But you can readily download them from here: github.com/buymeasoda/soda-them … ur-schemes

0 Likes

Ah! That is so helpful.

I was convinced to try Sublime Text 2 after reading so many glowing articles. Almost all of them (example: http://net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/tools-and-tips/sublime-text-2-tips-and-tricks/) recommended immediately applying the Soda Theme, which I did and then was so confused why Soda Light was still dark. I get it now, but that definitely caused some confusion for a while. Also, I installed Soda so early on, that I’m not even sure what it replaced.

0 Likes

The default theme got a facelift a few builds back and it’s a lot nicer now than what some older articles describe. You can remove or comment the “theme” setting in your User/Preferences.sublime-settings to enable the default theme and have a look. Restarting Sublime after switching themes is generally a good idea.

0 Likes

Ah! OK guys, I get it. Thanks. Btw, the Tomorrow Theme (the color scheme) looks lovely in ST2, try it:

github.com/chriskempson/tomorrow-theme

/ James

0 Likes