Sublime Forum

Sublime future

Hi everyone.

First of all I’d like to thank Jon for his work, sublime is simply brilliant in what it does and I am very happy I found it among the dozens of other editors.

However, there is a few questions that I’d like to clear for myself:

1. Is Jon is the only person who maintains and develop sublime? Is there a company/developers community related to sublime?
  2. I bet this question can only be answered by Jon himself, but I’m also interested in peoples opinions =) What is the proposed future of sublime text? Will it evolve in another IDE or will it stay the KISS course or we will see another emacs/vi analogue in the next 10 years? So far sublime have many choises.
  3. Is userecho is the only way the new functionality is added? Any development plans for future releases or something like that?
0 Likes

[quote=“ubuffon”]Hi everyone.

First of all I’d like to thank Jon for his work, sublime is simply brilliant in what it does and I am very happy I found it among the dozens of other editors.

However, there is a few questions that I’d like to clear for myself:

1. Is Jon is the only person who maintains and develop sublime? Is there a company/developers community related to sublime?

2. I bet this question can only be answered by Jon himself, but I’m also interested in peoples opinions =) What is the proposed future of sublime text? Will it evolve in another IDE or will it stay the KISS course or we will see another emacs/vi analogue in the next 10 years? So far sublime have many choises.

3. Is userecho is the only way the new functionality is added? Any development plans for future releases or something like that?[/quote]

4. Pretty sure it’s Jon does this all himself.

5. I try to keep an eye out for this information but I’ve never seen it posted. I don’t think he list coming features normally.

6. As far as I can tell this is the only way to enter feature request.

0 Likes