Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Highlight active pane

Highlight active pane

Postby skyronic on Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:39 pm

Hi,

I am using sublime with five panes in the same window. I have hotkeys to shift to each pane as required.

I lose track of which pane I'm editing. Is there a way that I can highlight the active pane by maybe changing the background color to be lighter?
skyronic

Re: Highlight active pane

Postby mwean on Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:45 pm

I would like to have this feature too because I go back and forth between different panes and can't easily tell which pane my cursor is in.
mwean

Postby tobia on Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:40 am

Me too. The current tab in every group is highlighted in the same way, so the only way to see which tab is the active one is to look for the gutter highlight (or to move the cursor, or to use the mouse.)

Maybe the current tabs in inactive groups could get a "medium highlight", in between the active tab color and the background tab color?
tobia

Postby skuroda on Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:16 pm

I was playing around with something to do this before. I cleaned it up some and put the plugin on GitHub. Essentially, you can create a new theme file (or just modify say...background color in one of your existing ones and save it to a separate file). Then use the on_activated and on_deactivated listeners to change the theme of the view. Nothing is saved to your preferences, it just changes the theme for the current view. Haven't really done any good testing on it, so if things come up, let me know.

Anyways, maybe it will help you.

https://github.com/skuroda/ActiveViewTheme
skuroda

Postby Sinled on Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:06 am

skuroda wrote: Haven't really done any good testing on it, so if things come up, let me know.

Thanks, it seems works somehow, but modal window with errors very annoying - it completely block editor, you should probably change errors output to console.
Sinled

Postby skuroda on Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:31 pm

Sorry about that, meant to change that. Was being lazy and didn't want to open the console when I was working with it, but meant to change that back. Fixed though, so if you haven't changed it yourself, go ahead and do a pull.
skuroda

Postby adzenith on Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:49 pm

I also highly recommend Origami: https://github.com/SublimeText/Origami
It has convenient commands for making new panes and moving around, and it automatically highlights the current pane for you. You don't have to make any custom themes and it works with Sublime Text's color scheme picker menu.
adzenith

Return to General Discussion