Sublime Forum

Nightly Build 2218

Nightly Build 2218 is out now. The most notable change is to the minimap behavior, where clicking outside the view rectangle will scroll to the clicked on text, rather than the clicked on position. Dragging the view rectangle works the same as it did previously.

0 Likes

The current page for nightly builds is showing that 2215 is the latest version still.

0 Likes

Scrolling seems less jerky on my retina mbp. Thanks!

0 Likes

Rah rah. It might actually be useable for really long files now. Thanks, Jon!

0 Likes

This has made me very, very happy. Thank you for this.

0 Likes

Yay! The minimap actually works as one expects now. Wonderful!

0 Likes

Huge improvement!

0 Likes

John, this minimap change is great. Thanks for listening to your users! :smile:

0 Likes

You used to be able to click anywhere on the mini map and drag and it would scroll up and down. Now it looks like if you click outside the current viewable region, it jumps there but does not let you drag up and down. Dragging up and down still works if you click on the viewable region in the minimap though.

0 Likes

yeah i don’t want to spoil the party, but is there an option to have the old behaviour back? :blush: For me the old “click anywhere you want and drag” was much better in terms of usability.

0 Likes

I agree. Maybe it could be click&release to jump and have click&hold work like it did before?

0 Likes

“go to antyhing” draw performance does seem hugely better, but I still can’t use the editor in general in HiDpi mode. Any specifics on what you changed with regards to this? It does seem like ST2’s overall cpu usage is down, but windowserver ain’t happy!

0 Likes

[quote=“Mr_Nobody”]

I agree. Maybe it could be click&release to jump and have click&hold work like it did before?[/quote]

Second this, but still happy to see the change.

0 Likes

I definitely appreciate the minimap changes! In addition, is there any chance we could get something like described in this post?

I could be wrong but it sounds like it’ll answer everyone’s complaints: when you click the rectangle goes to where you clicked, so you can then click and drag; and whatever you clicked on is what shows in the view.

Thanks!

0 Likes

I remember in build 2215, when pressing ctrl+up / ctrl+down for several times, the caret will not move as lines pass by, but now at 2218, the caret position changed, it’s so odd.

0 Likes

With regards to click-and-drag on the minimap: Load a large file, such that the minimap doesn’t show all of it at once, and click outside the view rectangle. Note that the view rectangle is not where the mouse is. Dragging wouldn’t make any sense here.

adzenith: The proposed system is neat, but would lead to flickering when the mouse is simply moved passed the minimap.

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]With regards to click-and-drag on the minimap: Load a large file, such that the minimap doesn’t show all of it at once, and click outside the view rectangle. Note that the view rectangle is not where the mouse is. Dragging wouldn’t make any sense here.
[/quote]

Good point, and I suppose that adding the proposed dragging system would also make the minimap highly inconsistent with a scrollbar. I’ll just have to learn to click *inside *the rectangle to scroll now :neutral_face:

0 Likes

[quote=“adzenith”]I definitely appreciate the minimap changes! In addition, is there any chance we could get something like described in this post?

I could be wrong but it sounds like it’ll answer everyone’s complaints: when you click the rectangle goes to where you clicked, so you can then click and drag; and whatever you clicked on is what shows in the view.

Thanks![/quote]

As someone with a dual monitor setup, it would drive me nuts to have my document scrolling all over the place when mousing over to the other monitor.

0 Likes

The intent is that mousing over would scroll just the minimap, and not the whole document. When you mouse out it could snap back or stay where it was or whatever.
I for one would accept such flickering in return for the added functionality :smile:

0 Likes

[quote=“adzenith”]
The intent is that mousing over would scroll just the minimap, and not the whole document.[/quote]

Ah, I see… well, that’d be a little more tolerable! :laughing:
Personally, I like is the way it is now in the 2218 build.

0 Likes