Sublime Forum

Scanning directories and Maven clean on Windows

Is it possible that Sublime TE may interfere with Maven when it scans and indexes files in a project? I am using Sublime TE to work on a big Ant/Maven/Java project. I kick-off builds from command line. Very often a build fails due to inability to delete a directory. Maven complains that it failed to delete a directory. I have already disabled Windows Indexing service but the problem keeps reoccurring if I have Sublime TE open. Without it, the build succeeds.

I suspect that the editor could be indexing the content of the directory that Maven attempts to purge and Windows does not permit it.

Does this sound like a possible cause? The build fails on different directories every time, but the common theme is that the offending directories contain the product of Maven builds, which are being purged before they are recompiled.

Is there an option to stop Sublime TE from indexing files and not to keep any open file handles other than on the files it currently has open for editing?

Or maybe there is an option to selectively exclude directories from being indexed?

Thank you,
/Sergey

0 Likes

Maybe there is a way to know how far into the indexing process it is? Or to pause/resume the indexing by user’s command?

0 Likes