Sublime Forum

Split into Lines (OSX) - not working

The split into lines functionality does not work in v2.0.1 build 2217. Either by shortcut (command+shift+l) or by selecting the command in the Selection menu. It was not working in 2216 either. The command is recognized as the menu flashes but nothing happens.

0 Likes

Works for me. Try: kb.sublimetext.info/en/latest/tr … dings.html

0 Likes

I’m trying out Sublime, so maybe I don’t understand how it works, but I’ve tried a couple of things and it seems to do nothing on my Retina Macbook Pro under Mountain Lion.

0 Likes

Nothing overriding the command, output from the log is: “command: split_selection_into_lines” for both the shortcut and menu option…

0 Likes

What do you expect it do to? What the command does is after you have selected multiple lines you do the split selection into lines command and get one cursor per line rather than one cursor for the whole block. And that works just fine for me.

0 Likes

In my case, it appears that I misunderstood it. Works just as you described for me.

(Any way to delete a posting in these forums?)

0 Likes

I misunderstood what this feature did as well. In my case I got what I wanted with “Wrap paragraph at ruler” (⌥⌘Q). Thanks for clarifying how “Split into Lines” works.

0 Likes