Sublime Forum

st2 + sass

Hi Everyone,
I’m having a hard time understanding how to use SASS build system installed via Sublime Package Control.

I mean, it’s there in Tools -> Build System and it works i.e. [Finished in 0.2s] but I dont see where it outputs the .css file.
What am I doing wrong? I’l writing a file .scss and i expect a .css in return right?

Can anyone help? I know this may be a stupid question and so be it but I simply cant figure it out :smile:

Thanks,
Alex

0 Likes

[quote=“alexandruv”]Hi Everyone,
I’m having a hard time understanding how to use SASS build system installed via Sublime Package Control.

I mean, it’s there in Tools -> Build System and it works i.e. [Finished in 0.2s] but I dont see where it outputs the .css file.
What am I doing wrong? I’l writing a file .scss and i expect a .css in return right?

Can anyone help? I know this may be a stupid question and so be it but I simply cant figure it out :smile:

Thanks,
Alex[/quote]

Have you tried http://incident57.com/codekit/ … easy to use :wink:

0 Likes

@Shina: i would love to use that app, but I’m on windows. Other ideas? :smile:

0 Likes

First of all do you have ruby and sass installed on your PC? If not I recommend you to do so.
sass-lang.com/tutorial.html

Also if you wish you can install compass too - compass-style.org/install/

If you have sass installed you have to configure build - sublimetext.com/docs/build

Or you can just run sass listener: sass --watch stylesheets/sass:stylesheets/compiled

Hope this helps

0 Likes

@pod: i know, i’m using sass with a watcher. But since Shina assumed that we all using osx… :mrgreen:

0 Likes

compass.app by handlino is the way^

0 Likes

here is my .sublime-build file

{ "cmd": "cmd.exe", "/c", "start", "sasswatch.bat", "$file_path"], "working_dir": "$packages", "selector": "source.scss" }

and the correspoding bat file

[quote]cd /d %1
CHOICE /C JN /M compress?
if errorlevel 2 goto nocompress

SET option=–style compressed --compass --debug-info
GOTO decide
:nocompress
SET option=–compass --debug-info

:decide
sass --watch .:. %option%
pause[/quote]

but both in the same directory in your package folder(i put them directly in the root package folder) and if you press ctrl+b he should ask you if you want to compress the css output file or not(little helper for me) and then tatat your sass compiler should compile(if you have everything installed correctly)

0 Likes