Sublime Forum

Compile error in LaTeX, OS X

Novice user here with a question.

Just downloaded ST2 and I’m liking it, but LaTeX is my workhorse tool, and I need it to work to justify ST2, so here I am asking for help.

Earlier today, I downloaded ST2, install the package manager, and installed LaTeXTools without a problem. It worked flawlessly on my MB Air with a nearly vanilla install.

When I tried to replicate this on my home Mini, compiling in LaTeX fails with this error:

File “/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/subprocess.py”, line 1141, in _execute_child
raise child_exception
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

Googling suggesting that this might be caused by a PATH discrepancy, and I tried to fix that with no success. (Not sure the fix took, though.) Another Google search suggested that it was definitely my LaTeX install, so I downloaded and installed TeXLive 2012. Didn’t fix anything.

(When I try to execute ‘latexmf’ at the command prompt, nothing happens. This suggests a path problem, no?)

Can someone suggest how I might troubleshoot this issue to isolate and solve the problem? Thanks in advance for whatever the community can do to help me out.

0 Likes

When you say “nothing happens,” do you mean you get an error message, or literally nothing? If latexmk is not installed, the OS should complain that it can’t find it.

Also, did you install the whole texlive distro, or just the basic one? The latter may be missing latexmk.

In general, one way to diagnose path problems is to invoke sublime from the command line. If things work that way, it’s a path issue. But, at this point, this is pretty unusual.

0 Likes

Exact same error happening here with a clean install of ST2 and some basic plugins, like CoffeeScript. So I don’t think it is an issue with LaTeX at all.
Did you managed to solve it?

0 Likes

Definitely a path issue or plugin issue or both, but, not a core ST issue. Have you looked around/posted on the plugins issue tracker? github.com/SublimeText/LaTeXTools/issues

0 Likes