Sublime Forum

Ctags plugin with Mountain Lion

Ever since upgrading to Mountain Lion, I have been unable to get the Ctags plug-in to work. Building a tag file seems to work just fine. But “Navigate to Definition” doesn’t do anything. This is the output that I get from the console:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “./sublime_plugin.py”, line 362, in run_
File “./ctagsplugin.py”, line 452, in command
File “./ctagsplugin.py”, line 532, in run
File “./ctagsplugin.py”, line 510, in run
File “./ctagsplugin.py”, line 289, in compile_lists
File “./ctagsplugin.py”, line 512, in sorted_tags
File “./ctagsplugin.py”, line 506, in pass_def_filter
KeyError: ‘type’

I guess the error is being triggered at this line in the plugin:

if re.match(v, o[k]):

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Does anyone possibly have a workaround. I read a lot of stuff online about changing the PATH so that the ctags used is in usr/local/bin instead of usr/bin. I added a configuration into my .profile and that seems to have done the trick. When I enter which ctags I do get usr/local/bin/ctags. But I still get the error when trying to jump to a definition. Is there a fix or an alternative to this plug-in?

Thanks for any help.
Scott

0 Likes

Hi,

Could you please update plugin and see if the issue still exists? Several bug were fixed recently.

If the issue still exists then is better to file a ticket to CTags plugin bug tracker github.com/SublimeText/CTags/issues

0 Likes

The most recent update of the CTags bundle fixed the problem I was experiencing with Navigation not working. It now works. Thanks!!

0 Likes